Who came up with this???

Discussion in 'General' started by legalize_ganja, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Schedule I drugs include those that are the most dangerous and have a high risk of addiction or dependency and no legitimate medical use. Drugs included under this heading include LSD, marijuana, heroin, GHB, and ecstasy.

Schedule II substances still have a high risk of abuse but may have legitimate medical uses. These include things like opium, cocaine, methadone, methamphetamines, and amphetamines.

Schedule III drugs are slightly less dangerous than Schedule II substances, but still have a moderate risk of abuse. Schedule III substances include hydrocodone, codeine, anabolic steroids, testosterone, ketamine, and some depressants.

Schedule IV drugs have a slight risk of dependency and have very acceptable medical uses. Some Schedule IV drugs are clonazepam, some tranquilizers, and sedatives.

Schedule V substances have a very low risk of dependency and include things like over the counter medication with Codeine.

How the hell is marijuana at the top in schedule I drugs!!! Are they seriously saying that its more harmful then meth, and basically all the shit listed. WTF. Idk. yeah this is random and alot of people probably know this already but. Idk what the hell. I just found out what they list other drugs as and thats some bull shit. Marijuana should be Schedule V, but at least down to schedule III.
    and i just had deja vu...:rolleyes:

*and thats schedule I in a decriminalized state... It should be legal already. There was something in the paper about how you shouldnt smoke, and you should limit your use of alcohol. Idk why they say that if theyre both harmful. Why did they only say do not smoke. and "only drink a little" ??? Everythings retarded.

2. its irrelevant ignorace.
    with no source from people of power.

3. ignorance yes, but wasnt it created by people of power?
    thats so stupid though!!! its like saying. Ok do meth its not as bad for you. or any of thoes other drugs. cocaine.

:confused:

4. i dont think so...its dumb dont trip over it.

5. its all setup so we can't be like them, IN POWER

6. yeah its dumb and we should all be tripping over it. its fucking bull shit. seems like no one even cares too.

7. :hello:

8. #8 Diceman, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    I like how they say cocaine isn't as bad as marijuana

Yet everywhere I can think of...cocaine is a way worse fucking charge then gettin busted with weed.

Coke residue will get you fucked more then a zone here....so how can they even say that?

Cops know it too. I've been let off over weed a number of times. Coke...they don't tolerate that shit. You really get a cops attention once he finds white on you

9. Thats what I dont really get about this also. If this is valid its suposed to be for ohio and ohio has good mj laws. I dont see how its suposed to be rated like that. Your right though, anywhere i can think of the others are worse then having weed...

10. time to get the shotguns and knives.
    lets go show them the real scale?

11. since when did cocaine have medical benefits

12. Good question. I dont know the answer. :p

13. it actually did way back when.
    they used the leaves too.
    pain reliever i believe?

14. So did weed way back when, but its still schedule I

15. i dont think ganja was ever subscribed as a pain killer, but i could be wrong.
    but i know cocaine was.
    still use novacaine and stuff, from the same family i believe.
    but i dont recall weed as being a pain killer

16. i don't know about a painkiller, but i know it used to be given as a medicine.

17. curious, links please?

18. #18 Zonyc, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009
    :rolleyes:
    Since 1879. It is used today mainly for eye and nasal surgery. It is a topical anesthetic, and is used as a vasoconstrictor. Modern medicines have replaced it for the most part, but when reduced bleeding is required for a sensitive medical procedure, cocaine is still used.

The schedules of drugs were introduced due to the Controlled Substances Act in 1970 thanks to your lovely president Richard Nixon. The UN also has a convention on psychotropic substances which 175 nations have signed. It includes virtually every psychoactive substance including nicotine. A meeting was held a few decades ago recommending that marijuana be moved to schedule II because of its low addiction potential, but this was ultimately rejected by the UN.

I'm sorry, but do they not teach you basic policy and politics in high school? This stuff was covered in grade 10 social studies for me...

19. Remember: it's only illegal if you get caught!

20. i mean where did you get this from ?