who buys car Insurance.

Discussion in 'General' started by dezz, Mar 26, 2012.

1. I mean why buy it if you don't have assets or money.

2. Thank fucking god my mom pays mine...

I have an OUI, 3 accidents, 2 moving, 1 stationary *facepalm*, 2 Speeding Tickets and unless they've gone away in he last year or two between 3-9 parking tickets.

EDIT: Not that it excuses my shitty driving record, but my mom is well off.

I haven't gotten in trouble in like 8 months :)

So.. Workin to get it clean..

3. #3 BlazeLE, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    because its the law... and where i live public transport is a joke and shit is too far spread out to walk places. especially in the summer. like with the bus system we have here it would take me an hour and a half to go somewhere that would take 15 minutes to drive to..

4. Yeah if you get pulled over without insurance you get your license revoked for a year in Cali.

5. and its bullshit too. if the government is forcing you to purchase something they need to have a more affordable government option... i have a clean record and with the state minimum i pay $115 a month. its bullshit. i drive a fucking 93... i had to turn down a pizza delivery job because they needed me to raise my coverage. i would've had to quit anyway with these gas prices. my car runs on premium and supposedly gets 18mpg but i wish it was that good...

6. [quote name='"BlazeLE"']because its the law...[/quote]

Well. If you think about you. You Only need insurance I'f you have money or good about of assets. So that they can sue you and get money out of you. But if you have notiong In your name. How can they sue you if your broke you can't.

7. God damn man, get a bus schedule

State minimum is $70 for me, so i dont care too much about having to have insurance

8. [quote name='"RememberTheName"']Yeah if you get pulled over without insurance you get your license revoked for a year in Cali.[/quote]

Just get an online insurance. Like
    Geico for insurance. And cancel it within a week. So if you get pulled over you will have proof of insurance. Cops don't actually call the.company to verify.they just need proof.

9. The fact that you will screw someone over in the case of an accident aside, if you get pulled over and don't have insurance, you will lose your license. Simple as that. You don't have to break any laws to get pulled over either, I have been pulled over numerous times, and a portion of those were not my fault at all.

Plus, you can get a fine for not having insurance.

So, if you don't have the assets for car insurance, you don't have the assets for a ticket on top of losing your license. Probably shouldn't drive if you can't afford insurance...

10. [quote name='"dezz"']

just get an online insurance. Like
    geico for insurance. And cancel it within a week. So if you get pulled over you will have proof of insurance. Cops don't actually call the.company to verify.they just need proof.[/quote]

o.o

>.>

<.<

-.-

11. But for real..

Thank goodness for insurance.

12. Some people's kids. Ughhh. If you get pulled over with no insurance you loose your license. It's the law. That's like saying why cant I rob a bank, I have no money? It's the law you don't have to like it, just abide by it or not. It's not about your assets it's about the ability to pay for the person you hit!!! It's called liability, one day when you grow up and get big and strong like good little boy you will understand.

13. I drive a Moped and insurance yearly is $100.

14. Somebody hit me without car insurance. They got fucked hard.

15. Don't listen to this bullshit, if you do you will have a bigger chance to get caught:eek:

16. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']

The fact that you will screw someone over in the case of an accident aside, if you get pulled over and don't have insurance, you will lose your license. Simple as that. You don't have to break any laws to get pulled over either, I have been pulled over numerous times, and a portion of those were not my fault at all.

Plus, you can get a fine for not having insurance.

So, if you don't have the assets for car insurance, you don't have the assets for a ticket on top of losing your license. Probably shouldn't drive if you can't afford insurance...[/quote]

Clapping : common sense peeps c'mon if u hit me and u have no insurance I would def be ready to kick a$$

17. [quote name='"aceguitar"']Some people's kids. Ughhh. If you get pulled over with no insurance you loose your license. It's the law. That's like saying why cant I rob a bank, I have no money? It's the law you don't have to like it, just abide by it or not. It's not about your assets it's about the ability to pay for the person you hit!!! It's called liability, one day when you grow up and get big and strong like good little boy you will understand.[/quote]

Hehe , my sentiments EXACTLY!

18. #18 Fëanor, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
    Apparently you have never heard of wage garnishment?

Let's say you cause a car crash, and two people are injured. Their medical bills are $25,000 and $10,000 each.

Like you said, you have no assets. So they sue you, you lose the lawsuit, and you tell the judge you have no way to pay $35,000 so they are SOL. You have a big stupid cheesy grin on your face because you think you beat the system.

OOPS! The judge doesn't care, he issues two court orders to garnish your wages. It's not something where you have a choice; your employer will automatically deduct the money from your check and pay it to the victims. This will happen for the rest of your life, or until you pay the debts.

This creates a lot of extra work for your employer. If you only have one wage garnishment they just have to deal with it, but in this case you have two garnishments because there were two victims. So your employer decides they don't want to deal with it, and they fire you.

Now you're broke, jobless, and can't get hired because everywhere you apply to sees that your wages are garnished....twice...

19. if you drive without insurance you're pretty much gonna get fucked.

20. [quote name='"dezz"']

Just get an online insurance. Like
    Geico for insurance. And cancel it within a week. So if you get pulled over you will have proof of insurance. Cops don't actually call the.company to verify.they just need proof.[/quote]

Are you joking? My dad got a ticket and had to go to court because the insurance bill wasn't payed and it was only two says past due. They stay on top of that shit like white on rice in my experience. And it was Geico.