Who are you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bkadoctaj, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Whhhaaaaaat.....is your quest? :smoking:

2. I can agree with that to a large extent. :)

3. indeed, only flaw is i refer to a me as the force that has the potential capability of perceiving. yet i am trying to prove who i am, when in my definition i already refer to a 'self'.:p.

4. Can one be aware of unawareness?

My guess is only when words become as insignificant as your existence.

5. A wise man once said "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing." Those who know ask the questions while those who do not know give all the answers.

I am me. I am my car. I am my feet. I am Obama. I am Bush. I am life. I am death. I am air. I am water. I am the sun. I am Pluto. I am matter. I am empty space. I am everything. I am nothing. I am the key to all, like my eyes are the key to my soul...I am.

6. you'll never know who you are till the day you die. On that day, you'll finally know who you are.

7. In other words, Who You Are rests with you? ;)

8. Who am I? By whose definition? My own?

I am the culmination of everything that has ever been, perceived or overlooked.

Cause -> Effect

9. So you weren't fully you before now? Who were you back then?

10. Why, the culmination of everything that had ever been up to that point, of course.

Just like one's perceptions, of self or of the world, are constantly in a flux, so to is the inhabiting conciousness always in a flux in regards to who. I was, I am, I will be. "I" am all of these. And by "I," I of course mean "we," since to be the culmination of everything we must be "we"
    If that makes sense?

11. I think "we" is just as real as "none of us".

12. Who you truly are cannot be described in words.

13. But do words take us closer to or farther from the truth?

Oh shit, what am I saying?!

Words...

14. #34 head dead, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009

because there is no one word to describe someone (as we are not 2 dimensional objects) and we can only describe something by comparing it to another, i'd say it only takes us farther from the truth.

EDIT: basically our language isn't sophisticated enough for me to describe a person.

15. The question is whether to judge yourself by who YOU think your are, or by how others perceive you.

And then based on that, how you judge the opposite side of yourself.

16. A more pressing question would be: do you believe in yourself?

If so, distinguish other people's perceptions of you from your perceptions of their perceptions of you. Have you not known yourself the entire time?!

17. We are everything, and we are nothing.

18. And what do everything and nothing consist of?

19. Is that a trick question?

Everything: All things material, astral, ethereal. Life, death, conciousness, unconciousness

Nothing:

20. #40 bkadoctaj, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009

Do you exclude nothing from everything?

Tell me what sort of question is a trick question. You know me.

lol Let me give you a heads up:

After you answer "Do you exclude nothing from everything?" I will ask "Do you exclude exclusion of nothing from everything?"