Who are you voting for this presidential election?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aconites, Feb 28, 2007.

1. I'm hoping that once Joe Biden or Chris Dodd realize they don't have a chance, they join with Obama as VP.

2. Exactly. Obama is very charismatic and I feel that he has the best of intentions for this country, but in the end it boils down to experience where Barack has little to none. Also, I don't know if Hilary can overcome the votes that Obama will surely take away from her. The Dems need to unite if they want to continue their takeover of Washington.

Personally, it is far far too early for me to make a decision, but right now I'm leaning towards McCain.

3. See I would say this is a good thing. David Geffon said it pretty well: "Obama is inspirational, and he's not from the Bush royal family or the Clinton royal family"

It's a shame Hillary has to be the current front runner for the Dem's, they actually have a couple of relatively good candidates.

4. I would agree with you that a "fresh face" is definitely needed in the oval office, but there are many people more qualified than Obama for the job. Just because you're an excellent orator doesn't make you an excellent president.

BUT, as I said before it is soooo friggin early in the race, if Obama delivers solid, doable policy and proves himself in the debates than things could very well change, but for now I'm skeptical of his sensationalism (the last thing we need is another incompetent president).

5. You think McCain's more qualified?

Actually, I think when McCain ran in 2000, he would have made an excellent president. Since then his politics have changed too much more my taste, I also have a more liberal view on Iraq, so of course that is going to drastically impact my vote.

Even though Obama doesn't have as much experience, critics would be silenced with an experienced VP. A couple of reasons I'm considering him:

• He has been against the war in Iraq since the very beginning and has introduced legislation that would set a time frame for a withdrawal.
    • He has worked on creating a Google-like search engine so the public can track where tax dollars go.
    • One of the leading voices in Washington urging the end of the genocide in Sudan. Worked with Sam Brownback on the Darfur Peace and Accountability Act, which was signed into law. He also met with Sudanese officials and visited refugee camps in Chad and Sudan to raise international awareness. Harry Reid and him also secured 20 million for the African Union peacekeeping organization.
    • Promises universal health care insurance by the end of his 1st term.
    • Expressed support for legislation to protect net neutrality

An Obama vs Paul election would be ideal, but Ron Paul has no chance.

6. Yes I do believe McCain is more qualified. And I have different views on Iraq so our disagreement would make sense, but (as hard is it may be) I try not to focus solely on the Iraq issue, even though it will without a doubt define this election.

Those are all nice points about Obama, but I haven't seen him DO much of anything.

7. That's the magic of a candidate who is fairly new to national politics. He's a blank slate, and everyone can project onto him whatever they wish to see.

8. I can understand where you're coming from, and I agree that he is a very exciting candidate, but I'm not convinced he's ready to hold the reins of the free world. He's a blank slate yes, but he better not be come election time. I can not in good conscious support a candidate just because he's hasn't had the opportunity to f-up. I feel that one of the big reasons his candidacy is so popular is because of who is being replaced in the White House. People are going to vote for Obama just because he is so different than Bush was. And that to me is a potentially dangerous leap of faith. Him and Bush may be polar opposites, but is going from one extreme to the other progress?

This argument can just go back and forth, so I'm going to stop here, but I look forward to this thread being ressurrected around Sept/Oct. :)

9. I'm bumping this a little later than I predicted, but with McCain having locked the GOP nomination and Obama/Clinton battling tough, I'm curious to see how people have reshaped their opinions.

For example...
    Even though I will still vote for McCain I have really been impressed with the way Obama has run his campaign and now seems poised to cement his takeover of the democratic nomination. My skepticism of him has diminished and I really see him as a viable candidate now. Should he get it he will really give McCain a run for his money.

So, what say you GC?

10. McCain is going down hard if Obama is his opponent...

11. I know it's cliche to say I don't like any of the candidates, but I've really thought about it, and I disagree with all of them on many things.

I'd say the person I disagree with the least is McCain, but really, I don't want to vote for him either. Doesn't really matter though, Obama will most likely win. I'm still going to vote, but I won't feel good doing it :eek:

I may write in Batman, since he is for justice.

12. Only if it's Adam West!

[​IMG]

He would get all BAP! POW! ZING! on injustice.

13. Welcome to America. The land of forgiveness and second chances...

14. I cant vote, Im an ex-con:D but if I was allowed I would vote for McCain. If he would have beat Bush in 2000, I would have voted for McCain, I ended up voting for Gore that year.