Who are you voting for this presidential election?

Discussion in 'General' started by Aconites, Feb 28, 2007.

1. My vote belongs to HYPNOTOAD

[​IMG]

2. I can see the need to join a side and root for your team, but for the love of god please take a look at an individual candidate's policies before casting your vote. Never, ever, ever, ever vote for someone because they are 'republican' or 'democratic' or 'libertarian' or any other party.

It becomes a matter of gang metality at that point.

Lest we forget, there are arguements within individual parties, not just conflicts between two. Most republicans or democrats can't agree on certain issues with eachother. There is no common ground.

3. i'm voting for njweedman

personally i feel that voting for one man to be the voice of 300 million people is a fucking joke. although you should have been able to tell that by my sig.

4. broad generalizations like "your an idiot if you vote for him." or "they are the worst" do very little to sway public opinion coming from another individual.

maybe provide some facts, though you've already stated you have so much knowledge on the subject that you can't type it all out:rolleyes:

personally, i fucking hate guns, and would like to see heavier gun control.

i don't own a gun, i won't own a gun, it's just a personal belief. i have no legit reason to have one.

i have no idea who i will vote for. i would like to see how each runs their campaign and who takes part in partisan slandering/inter-party slandering, as that weighs heavily on my decision.

on a side note, i love how the media is making it seem like hilary and obama are like fucking holyfield and tyson. they keep calling it a battle, and a war and shit.

god i fucking hate the media in this country, they are mindless.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

5. haha, weedmans awesome

6. yeah man i want to meet him.

edit: the 2nd amendment is the most important amendment imo. the first thing the nazis did when they got into power was ban guns. if we don't have guns, what's going to stop the government? i understand that we aren't oppressed like let's say stalinist russia, but slowly our rights are erroding(sp?). if you ask me, it's not a matter of if, but when the government turns the army on it's own citizens.

7. What good do you think the average citizen with a 9mm handgun would do
    against government troops armed with asault rifles and tanks? He may be able
    to get one soldier, but when they turn the .50 caliber machine gun on his little
    hideout he's gonna be swiss cheese. The government stopped being afraid of
    it's own citizens a long time ago.

8. At this point in time Hilary doesn't really have a good chance, mainly because she's a woman, and Barack [who is a better candidate than Hilary] won't win mainly because he's black...BUT I'll be voting for Obama, not because of our race or anything like that, but mainly because he seems to be the best candidate as of now.

Only time will tell if Americans will use their head instead of their emotions..

9. Theres a big difference between gun control and banning guns. Personally, i'm for heavier gun control, because i dont think that an assault weapon is required for home defense, or protection of property, and i dont think waiting a month for a gun while a very extensive backround check is preformed is completely unfair to ask, since you're trying to aquire something capable of killing multiple people with the simple pulling of a trigger. I dont own a gun, dont plan to ever own one. I dont think the average citizen needs a gun, but i dont think they should be completely restricted from owning one.

10. To be completely honest, I haven't done much research about many of the possible candidates yet. But the one thing that stumps me is, how do you expect a senator with only 2 years experience atm to run the country? He does not have the experience, 2008 is not his time, maybe 2012/2016 etc...

11. What makes any gun an assault weapon? They either ALL ARE or NONE ARE, if I have a semi-auto AK-47 its an EVIL WEAPON OF DEATH but any other semi auto rifle is ok to own because lol terrorists don't use it? Utter bullshit, don't classify certain weapons as more dangerous as others just because evil people use them, some people don't use them for self defense....its just fun to go out to the shooting range with some buddies once and awhile.

12. So far I'm going with Obama. Really though the whole presidency and shit is all just like a show off. Anyone that will do the best for the country, express the fucking truth, and do the best when it comes to war is who I'll vote for. Obama seems really honest and definently has some motivation. Who cares if he only been senator for 2 years, Bush was a governor for a while and the majority of the country hates him. Hilary will do some good things like get us out of a completely unjust war but honestly were the wealthiest nation in the world and hate to say it but having a female at these times it wouldn't be the best for our nation. Have a feeling some of the world will be laughing at us.

13. I'm writing in santa because no matter what my county will go red, fuck the electoral college, this isnt the 18th century anymore.(stopped myself from ranting go me)

14. truth! :hello::hello:

15. Oh, absolutely, I agree. I don't think that my state (MN) will play a critical role in deciding who the two parties will nominate though, so the primaries won't be terribly important here. In the general election, while I certainly will evaluate the candidates on their merits when the time gets closer, I can almost guarantee that I'll end up voting for the Democrat.

/on a side note, I got to meet Al Franken the other week; he's running for Senate here in MN -- that was kinda fun
    //I'll certainly vote for him if he's nominated

16. I agree - which is why I wish we could move towards a direct democracy. More political participation in local communities could help solve a lot of social issues in the country. So many voters today are brainwashed with millions of dollars of campign propaganda and are very apathetic to begin with.

17. Almost nobody in the US actually owns an assault weapon. The term comes from the German "sturmgewehr", from WWII, and refers to a selectable auto/semi-auto rifle. Automatic weapons (hence all true assault weapons) have been heavily restricted -- essentially banned -- since the 1930's gangster era.

Most politicians use the term to mean a gun that looks like an assault weapon and is maybe based on a similar design, but the salient feature -- automatic fire -- is not publicly available.

18. :hello:

these people campaigning are trying to please every single person in the country and it's not going to happen. we need to set goals and objectives as small communities to accomplish them.

on a side note, IMO, if the federal government would stay the fuck out of each individual states business/laws, we would be MUCH better off.

i mean, why give the state's the right to make laws only to stomp on them whenever you want? i feel like the states are children to their over religions parents known as the federal government.

on a double side note, who here feels like the projected $500,000,000 that each candidate will spend this year is being well spent. :wave:

cause i SURE AS FUCK don't.