Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Who agrees that bongs filter out some thc b/c the water

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nick Schofield, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Not me because bongs get me fried, but does anyone believe this?

2. thc is not exactly water soluble

3. Even if it does, After taking that bong load you aren't going to care much

4. I agree with you both

5. Who agrees that OP should shut the fuck up

6. thc cannot dissolve in water. if it did i would be drinking weed water all day

7. its a non issue. You still get more thc then you do from most of the methods besides vaporizing.

8. [quote name='"Breaststroke"']Who agrees that OP should shut the fuck up[/quote]
    Who agrees you should eat my dingleberries, something I heared I didnt come up with this nonsense you dick munch

9. #9 doobie masta, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    [quote name='"Breaststroke"']Who agrees that OP should shut the fuck up[/quote]

I agree that OP should shut the fuck up.

10. maybe grow up a bit?

11. [quote name='"moonman840"']

maybe grow up a bit?[/quote]

I wasn't being serious by the way... But I'll try just for you bud.

12. #12 ignila, Feb 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2012
    OK, so strictly talking THC and nothing else. It goes like this:

THC has a solubility in water of .0028 mg/mL.

I put about 30mL of water in my tube (I just measured)

30mL x 0.0028 mg/mL = 0.084 mg of THC can be absorbed.

So we are talking about 8.4 x 10^5 g of THC can be absorbed, at maximum. That equates to 0.000084g of THC

I just read some random news report that said the average THC content in 2008 was a tick over 10% (who knows if its right). So assuming this is true, we would need 10 times the weight lost in THC added to the bowl in bud to compensate.

So that is 0.00084g, not even a single miligram more of bud could more than compensate for the MAX loss of THC. In reality this milligram more than compensates as the conditions of the interaction between the smoke and the water are not ideal to produce maximum saturation of all of the bong water.

13. how does agreeing or having an opinion about water filtering thc change the actual truth? i don't know if it does or not, but asking people to agree or disagree on something doesn't really expose the real answer.

14. [quote name='"shoelaceninja"']how does agreeing or having an opinion about water filtering thc change the actual truth? i don't know if it does or not, but asking people to agree or disagree on something doesn't really expose the real answer.[/quote]

My intentions were to understand how a bong gets you so much higher than pipes/joints/etc.. Anyone else ever wondered this. Sorry for asking a question on a forum guys.

15. [quote name='"ignila"']OK, so strictly talking THC and nothing else. It goes like this:

THC has a solubility in water of .0028 mg/mL.

I put about 30mL of water in my tube (I just measured)

30mL x 0.0028 mg/mL = 0.084 mg of THC can be absorbed.

So we are talking about 8.4 x 10^5 g of THC can be absorbed, at maximum. That equates to 0.000084g of THC

I just read some random news report that said the average THC content in 2008 was a tick over 10% (who knows if its right). So assuming this is true, we would need 10 times the weight lost in THC added to the bowl in bud to compensate.

So that is 0.00084g, not even a single miligram more of bud could more than compensate for the MAX loss of THC. In reality this milligram more than compensates as the conditions of the interaction between the smoke and the water are not ideal to produce maximum saturation of all of the bong water.[/quote]

Yeah so the bong water soaking up all your thc is a myth, thank you.

16. Then why didn't you just ask that in the first place!/google it:smoke:

17. Here, I quoted myself. :smoke:

18. [quote name='"3rdPlanet"']

Then why didn't you just ask that in the first place!/google it:smoke:[/quote]

I learned my lesson.. Lol

19. [quote name='"Yosh139"']
    Here, I quoted myself. :smoke:[/quote]

Ahhh makes sense, good tip

20. Yeah, but not enough to make a difference in the high.