Whitney fuckin Houston

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Happiest, Nov 15, 2012.

1. So, I just saw that there is a big tribute show for the dead crackhead showing this weekend and I'm struggling with this.....

For FUCKSAKES... Whitney was a superstar who fell from grace faster than cat can lick its nuts, NOT Amy Whitehouse fast (that shit was 1960's shit), so why do we not use this opportunity to TEACH our fucking kids about hard drugs? Explain that to me people........

She once was a queen and she died like a whore, hard drugs was the catalyst that sealed her fate. Drugs and abuse of drugs took yet another creative person from this earth to soon. How is that not prime time television?

Sure celebrate her success and pay tribute to her achievements, but for fucksakes is there no way that we can see truth on our TV's, to help show our children the other side of all the "glorified Hollywood version of drug abuse"

It freeeeks me out that we don't get this....

2. The fact that she's dead makes for a pretty simple anti-drug message. :p

3. Wow what do you have against Whitney Houston?

4. Truth on television :D
    Haha you just made my day. Television is in many aspects worser then drugs but that's not the topic. Television doesn't exist for educational purposes, television is a way of conditionning, and drug use is in fact promoted on a large scall as a mean of population control (getting my tinfoil hat on for this one:smoking:)

However I understand where you are coming from. But you have to keep in mind she was a gifted individual who touched the heart of many. And it's not as if we are not explicit enough about our dissaproval of hard drug use, children hear it a lot and still try it.

5. TEACH our fucking kids????:confused_2:

6. Teach your own kids, don't expect someone else will do it for you. Teachers nowadays don't educate, one of the reasons is they lack education themselves (not all of them, there are still individuals who care enough to try their best).

As time passed and people got more involved in their professional life and career they delegated more and more of their parenting responsabilities to an external educational system (school). We are seeing the results as more and more people become completely dumb on every level of society.

7. Love her or hate her, she could sure as shit sing.

8. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. teacher: "Class, Whitney Houston smoked pot once, and now she's dead"

10. what's so bad about drugs?

11. It's bad because you can run out of it:p

12. I agree with teaching our own kids, along with an improved government run system, but I don't believe that ALL education is the job of the parent.

Many many people must have both parents working full time to economically float their households, with that comes more unsupervised (or sitters) time for their kids. This, combined with the degradation of broadcasting + Internet + texting, plus plus plus all the other challenges that make today so much different than it was 50 years ago.....I wonder what the evolution of teen sexting looks like, given how new this form of expression is and how little parents can do to stop it.

13. #13 1badbruce, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2012

I did teach my kids, especially to think for themselves. Thats why they're upstanding citizens.
    What I was refering to was the language used, as in, 'teach our fucking kids' see, like that.
    When you go off base you really go off:D

14. Oops, I gotta slow the bowls down ....:smoking::eek: