White Widow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hiigel, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Hi folks, I am in week six of flowering, and so far, am not to happy with bud production, resin production, or quantity so far. I know they have a growth sport, but have not seen it. The buds are not filling in well, are small, and a sample taken and used was very disappointing. I know it's early, but I would think there would be some high involved, but not impressed with "The Strongest MJ in the World".

Some specifics.

Grown from seed.

Temps: 77 degrees, +- 3 deg., oscillating fan

Coco Coir with perlite.

Earth Juice flower, augmented with Super Thrive, bat guano, and VF-11 in minimum to about 3/4 strength, built up to gradually; no burning, yellowing or other signes of problems I am aware of. Not to say I know it all, but from my limited knowledge.

600 watt HPS for Flowering; veg was 4, four foot flo, T-12 I believe.

Fresh air from under home, not ice cold, with vented hood. Temps have never been an issue.

Black/White Poly walls and floor.

Watered as needed; not over watered. Flushed once before flowering began.

The plants do not show much resin production, and as stated, there was no or very limited effects from samples taken, albeit from lower part of plant, and from two different plants.

I am a bit desperate as last two outdoor crops had grown legs and were gone before even sampled.

I NEED MY MEDS TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!

Please, if you can assist me with advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

GH

2. 8 Views but no coments; any encouragment would be appreciated a bunch guys and dolls!

:)

3. #3 dragonsfire1988, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2010
    From what you mentioned you've done everything by the book. Could be some "faulty" genetics or something.

You could look into molasses. It's supposed to bulk up the buds/increase resin and sugar production. Wouldn't hurt...it's pretty much organic and can be used up until harvest unlike most other nutrients. Contains great amounts of P-K and other micronutes, and will also 'unlock' the nutes in your soil helping your plant to use them.

Being only 6 weeks in, you will definitely see some massive growth in the next 2-4 weeks. Just be patient :) and those samples you took would've been nothing like the finished product - most plants gain the bulk of their potency and effectiveness in the last two weeks or so. Bear in mind that the title "strongest MJ in the world" only pertains to how it is grown/taken care of...any reports/yield estimations from seed banks are based on primo conditions with zero screwups.

4. Taking a sample this early on is not going to be a good judge of the final outcome of your plant. WW is not the biggest producer, if you look at the countless grows here on GC they are not the heaviest grows around.

The last few weeks are key for a lot of strains. That's the time they don't necessarily get larger but instead fill out and become heavier. They should also be packing on tricks and resin production should increase during this time.

Be patient, let them finish, and most importantly check trichs before chopping! Good luck.

5. Without a pic it's hard to judge. From your description the first thing that comes to mind is possibly you have a light leak? Even a small amount can significantly stall flowering.

6. Sounds like your at the halfway point (6 weeks).

Early samples don't tell ya anything.

Expect to see some big bud growth about week 9 or 10.

If outdoors in soil even longer (like triple the time).

7. Hile Hiigle!
    My secret squirell girl is growing this right now. She was here last night and brought some pics. These ladies are 34-35 days into flowering.
    Here are some pics of WW Clones. These cuts were made on 11-9-09 and went 12/12 on 12-25 and are 35 days old today. Pics taken yesterday. You would want to be about here as far as progress and appearance go. And like JR mentioned weeks 9-10 will be an explosion till finish. Good Luck!

Frag Out!

Attached Files:

8. Thanks guys, for your answers.

Yes, I did have a minor light leak. Would they continue budding even with a leak??

1/2 way there?? From what I've read, WW finishes in 8 weeks; I'm so confused! Not really; I've learned that People exaggerate some.

For the fellow who sent pics, thanks! The top buds are very nice. Can you tell me how long they are?? 12-16 inches?

I have WW, and a couple of either Crystal, Ice, or Mazer that have outgrown everything...4 foot compared to 18-30 in on WW. They just began budding after 6 weeks 12/12. Will have to go in and tie them down I guess, running out of head room. Mobil home with 7-7.5 foot ceilings, it sucks.

Anyway, I do have some clean up to do tonight in flower room, and will get a couple of pics.

I appreciate your answers.

H

9. The plants will continue to bud even with a light leak, however they're development might be a bit stalled (anywhere from a week to even three or four, depending on how bad the leak is). Seal that up ASAP.

If you've got plants that haven't started to bud/show flowers until 6 weeks into 12/12, you definitely have a serious light leak or the schedule has been messed up at some point.

Every different strain has a different finishing time, and within those strains are distinct phenomes...one WW could take 8wks while another takes 10, it just depends on the specific genetics of that particular seed. The only way you'll know when it's ready is to look at the plant itself, not other peoples experiences (however helpful they may be).

10. The people that grow great WW, know that it takes at least 10 weeks to be a true "strongest MJ in the world".

You're 6 weeks along, you got another month to go, plus you had a light leak. If you are lucky, you won't get any herms, but expect a few seeds in your harvest...

Time of flowering told by a breeder is nothing but a benchmark, you may or may not make it, the plant is done when it's done. If you want to grow true medical MJ you don't follow a time schedule, you follow the plant. She will tell you when she is done, nothing else will.

11. Thanks for the info on WW; I will go back and find a couple of grow logs and study up!

One thing I forgot earlier, is that I am using Kool Bloom also, for bud development. Not sure yet if it's made any changes, and if I'm looking at another 5-6 weeks, should probably quit using it also until the recommendations of last few weeks.

Yes, I do know about the pheno's; I just need to find something easy to grow, that takes away the pain, and that gives me the desired long lasting smoke that tastes very good. It Calgon. Instead, "W. W., take me away" from this world for a few hours. My brain often needs to be slowed down. Any suggestion of strains that will produce this effect, would be appreciated.

Thanks much people.

12. beautiful setup. how do you keep them so small? cloning then flower really early is the jist? that size / shape/ buds is exactly what so many people would want i think

13. Yes these girls only got 12/12. No Veg at all, from clone to rooting to 12/12 all in about 40 days. I wish she had twice as many though!

Frag Out!

14. Could be bad genetics...labeled as "White Widow"

15. Check this list out dude:

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/147139-disease-specific-mmj-strain-list.html