White widow yellow leafs forming

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pattyblaze, May 13, 2017.

1. Hey gc I am growing 5 WW that are 16 days old ,feminized , in promix veg herb mix . Under two 300 w LED in a 4x2x5 tent . Picked up green planets take it and grow start up kit at my local supply store . It has everything I need but ph buffers . I am concerned since noticing yellowing yesterday under the leafs is starting to happen. My ph is a little high at 7.1 and that's RO water . Could it be nitrogen deficient , ph burn? Cal mag ? I though I wasn't suppose to start nutrients until 3rd week. Also it's happening to two others .
    All the help would be awsome![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. What kind of soil

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

3. Lol just read pro mix I think you have nute burn or light burn pull your light upasfar as possible like 2-4 foot

4. How much charge is in pro mix.i think it's quite light.drop your ph to 5.9-6.3.try giving a light feed like 0.7 ec.see if they recover.but if you have been giving them water at 7.1 you will have problems and if using ro water you need a bit of call mag..good luck..peace

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pulled my light up another 6 inches of at 24 roughly now. Promix veg and herb mix .

6. Light was too close

7. Might still be at 24 I put mine up 4foot for first couple weeks

8. Retested new water , 6.2 its sitting at . I forgot to mention I was spraying soil twice a day to dampen it for the first two weeks because my soil was drying out so fast . Or appeared it was .

9. I figure the tips of the leaves would be affected rather then the underside of the plant?

10. Don't spray anything lol cover with a dome if you want humidity...just move your light up and careful not to put too much water sounds like your on track just remember less is more

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]
    Light is about two feet away now , was 18 in before . Hopefully that solves it . And yes less is more !!

• Like Like x 1
  12. When you start a seedling out, it's a baby plant and, much like a human baby, isn't going to be doing much of anything until it matures some. That ProMix, from what I read, is pretty hot soil (contains heavy nutrients) right out of the bag and you will not need any extra nutes for weeks. Your soil should very easily support the nutritional needs of a seedling until it outgrows that cup (becomes wider and taller than) and is transplanted into a larger container (suggest 1 gal.) and even outgrows THAT and is repotted into an even larger container with more fresh soil which will support it for weeks on down the line. Too many new growers get the idea in their head that you can't grow out a nice plant unless you pour it full of nutrients. Not so. We do not use additional nutrients in our grows over and above those that come in the soil. We grow with soil (Roots Organics Original), tapwater (RO/distilled/filtered waters are stripped of everything and there are micronutrients in tap water that the plants need and use....also, we don't use chlorine to treat water in the U.S. any longer; switched to chloramine and it will not harm your plants) and LIGHT. For veg, you have the light covered easily. You just need to make sure you hang it far enough away as your plants are seedlings, to give them time to temper themselves to it. LEDs burn hotter to plants than other forms of lighting and you hang them high, get the plant used to it and then lower as needed. We run 4 1000 watt HPS fixtures per flower room and flower 2 plants under each lamp on a 10 week flower schedule. We've been averaging around 5 oz per plant after cure. I don't say this to brag (as I think too many have assumed), but instead to prove to you that you can grow MJ very simply and still get a fine yield off a plant....AND that the key to getting a good harvest, aside from understanding the plant and being able to tend it and keep it healthy, as long as you have adequate lighting and use it properly.

Right now, if you want these plants to live and actually produce something for you, you need to put them under the lights and just leave them alone. Give only tap water and ONLY after each cup feels dry as a bone....can lift it and feel NO weight. If you feel weight when lifting the cup, there is still water in the soil. The MJ plant hates it's roots sitting in wet soil constantly, thus the killer good drainage the soil MUST have to allow the plant to pull the water it needs and allow the rest to drain out into the pan. From start to finish with every plant you grow, you NEVER water a plant again until it's used up 99% of what you gave it last time...regardless of how many days or weeks this might take. A young plant uses little food or water and once it's introduced to soil, it's first goal is setting up a root system. While it's doing that, it doesn't do much in the way of growing above soil level that you can see. It's working on roots. The more soil it has to build a root system in, the longer that process will take. Again, once it's sprouted, water it in, put under the lights and go away. It will be days before you're needed again. Resist the need to "do something" to your plants all the time. They are perfectly capable of handling the situation with little help from you in the beginning. You will be needed more as the plant grows and matures and requires more effort on your part. When the plants outgrow the containers (become wider and taller than), it's time for a repot to a slightly larger container (again...keeping plant and container size relative gets you fastest root formation and foliage growth) with fresh soil and repeat the process. We repot when ours become root bound (which usually goes along with being hungry) instead of starting to feed chemically. Each time you repot into fresh soil, you re-up the food supply for the plant.

Invest in some good quality grow soil. The ProMix is pretty hot...kinda like the MG stuff (which I would stay away from), and the grow soils are designed specifically for this plant and it's needs. They're costly, but worth the money you pay for them. I make up the difference in not having to buy nutes. The new grower needs to keep it as simple as possible and just let the plant do it's thing. Don't water till they're DRY. Figure out the right distance from your plants you need to keep the lights to prevent stretching and get you the fattest buds possible. You should never have to raise your light source(s) just to cover more plants during flower. You want the light and plant to be as close as possible without fear of light burn, to get the best bud production and light penetration. Each plant needs plenty of room to spread during flower so light can penetrate the plant and develop out the buds deep inside the plant. Don't crowd a bunch together under a light as this just shades out light from penetrating the canopy and gets you under-developed buds. It took me a good year when I first started to figure it all out, but if I can do it anybody can. Like I said, keep it simple. Don't confuse what hydro growers have to do with what you, as a soil grower, need to do. Too many get the two techniques completely intertwined starting out. A lot of it is due to the major ad campaigns the nute makers put out there to convince you that your plant will thoroughly suck unless you use their chemicals. Maybe so if you're growing in a water setup, but soil is a sustaining media, unlike water, and does not require all the extra stuff if you use good soil. Sorry for the book. Just got a buzz and I could rattle on for days. LOL TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. That's what I needed to hear today ! Thank you all for the help guys !
    Easy does it and keep it simple!!

14. I was going to say, transplant them:)
    But make sure they are planted low enough but not too low.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. I'm not trying to be negative but I don't approve of the 2 foot tent for anything lol you have too much light power with led in my opinion and probably actually caused them to dry out a little and burn I use led and I use a 7.5 foot tall tents and I actually put my light about 4 foot away for first two weeks I never get burn until week 5-6 usually from nute burn but I also grow strictly autos now and I use ffof soil and perlite 50/50 mix grows monsters qp plants in 7 gallon air pots I have a white Window by Royal qween that is 30 inches tall and almost 2 foot wide it's huge and in that Small tent I can't see you filling it with really anything worth your time

• Like Like x 1
  16. Also are the leafs crispy I looked a little closer they look really stressed

• Like Like x 1
  17. I too grow using promix veg and herb and from using it for a year now the biggest thing I learned is to keep ph at about 6.6-6.8 with it. I Would water with 6.2 6.3 and it would cause nute lockouts. But as soon as I used a 6.7-7 ph water. No more issues were had.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1