White Widow week 5 of flower and some yellowing leaves.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Stewart169, Jan 16, 2017.

1. #1 Stewart169, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    WW seeds from Greenhouse seeds. Organic soil created from the Easy Organic soil for beginners. This is my 3rd grow and first mainline and I have to say the mainline seems easy to do and a space saver for me. I don't know if this is a growing trend but for me I plan on doing it next time as well and going forward unless I find a reason not to.
    Soil was lab tested and good with the PH being 7.1 was the only minor thing but that shouldn't be too much of a biggie.
    2 plants under a 300 watt Cree COB Timber kit. Lights raised high enough for no burn and DLI is around 23+-.
    Kept amendment's to the minimum with one small dose of Natures Source organic 3 1 1 liquid fert. Added top dress of worm power and mulch a couple times in flower.
    Middle of week 3 of flower top dressed with a couple spoons of Jamaican Bat Guano 0-10-0 and end of week 3 added some Dr.Earth Flower Girl liquid 1-9-2 mixed at 1/3 strength. One week later added another small amount of Dr.Earth Flower Girl 1-9-2. Plants still looking good but the same lower yellowing and some seems to be moving up in a few leaves.
    Temps are mid to upper 60's lights out and mid 70's max lights on. Humidifier is keeping the humidity around the 40-60% All climate conditions seem to be optimal. Here are a bunch of pics.
    I flushed a couple gallons of Distilled/RO water yesterday and checked the runoff just to see what kind of readings I got.
    PH 7.8
    EC1025
    PPM 740
    Salinity 500
    Used a Oakton 35 meter which was checked for calibration last week.
    Last night I also added a spoonful of lemon juice to some RO water to make a small effort to push PH down a bit. I don't think its that high but from all I read lemon juice isn't harmful to the herd and may help trend PH down for a few days or a week.

The buds look like they are doing well so Im not sure if Im making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Now for pics.

[ GALLERY=media, 170485]024 by Stewart169 posted Jan 17, 2017 at 8:47 AM[/GALLERY]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nice stem lol, no pics

3. For some reason photobucket randomly blocks pics of the exact same thing. Just started recently

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bump since I have figured out how to add some pics using the media here. Need to learn more about the media function but for the moment it serves the purpose of getting some pics up. I almost think this may be part of the normal yellowing of fan leaves. I hope so at least.

5. yes, week 5 is normal to see natural yellowing as the plant starts to eat herself up to aid her budding

6. We grow that strain pretty heavy here and have for yours. During the flower cycle, the plants will use more Calcium and Magnesium than during veg, but otherwise everything else pretty well stays the same. But your plant is at the point now where it's going through what I call the "shed." LOL The plant stops sending energy and nutrition to the leaves and uses the last few weeks of the flower cycle to concentrate on finishing out the buds. However, I think this soil mix you're using here is a bit lacking or something is off because my whole plants never looks like that...yellow all over. Next time, skip the organic soil mix and buy yourself some Roots Organics Original. I've been growing in the stuff for years and though it might be a bit expensive, it gets the job done beautifully with very little work on my part other than watering. I use no nutes (unless I get the occasional plant/clone that is out of whack) and take my plants from seed/clone to harvest in the soil alone with plain pH'd tap water. RO water/filtered waters are drained of micronutrients that the plants get from the water and use. Filtered water will cause weird deficiencies sometimes that can't be explained elsewise. So if you're in the US, you can go straight from the tap to the plant. If you're in the EU, you need to let it set for 24 hrs because they still treat with regular chlorine there. We use chloramine here and it won't harm your plants. There are so many soil recipes out there and unless you've had first hand experience with them, you don't really know how good they are. I just repot my plants when they become root bound and I'm having to water every day, into a slightly larger container with fresh soil...which will then feed them for more weeks. This soil is the best stuff I've ever used to grow in and it takes a ton of work off me. We run multiple rooms and the more plants you care for, the more work it takes and if you let a plant dry out real good before you repot, you can tap around the edges of the container...and the bottom to loosen it, and it'll pop right out and you can set it over into a new container. I repot all throughout veg and flower whenever I think they need it, and let the soil feed my plants. Works like a charm here. TWW