White Widow vs. Purple Cindy

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by sneakers, Apr 30, 2008.

1. I bought some seeds from HGS awhile back and am growing just enough for me to smoke. I also have some Skunk #1 and White Widow growing and have a comparison of White Widow and Purple Cindy. They make some big claims and maybe this will help us see the truth.

Everything is grown under CFLs in a (SOG) hydro system. Both clones were cut at the same time, were grown under the same light with the same nutes and even in the same bucket. I have been able to put 2 clones of skunk #1 in a single pot with no problems. In a SOG they only grow for about 2 months and not enough time for the roots to interfere with each other so when I was sexing these 2 strains I just put them together and here's the difference.

[​IMG]

White Widow is on the left and Purple Cindy on the right. I have removed several fan leaves from the Purple Cindy to allow light to get to the lower buds and a couple more today for this picture. Leaves, stems, roots, everything appears to be bigger, at least 2 times as big.

Here are some closeups of the buds.

First is the top cola of the White Widow.

[​IMG]

Next is the top cola from the Purple Cindy.

[​IMG]

Both of these pictures were taken from across the room using a zoom lens from the same position and the same maginification. The difference in size is the actual buds, not the pictures.

Both of these clones were taken on March 22 and begin to flower on April 14, about 3 days later for the WHite Widows sex to show.

I posted these same pics in my grow journal but wasn't sure if anyone is still reading it. I thought this was impressive and after ragging them for messing me over on the shipping, I will give them an honest review. So far it seems to be as advertised. Let's just hope the high is as advertised. These buds do not have that intoxicating sweet aroma that many others have. Who knows what that Purple Tai smells like.

2. wow thats a pretty amazing difference between the 2 i thiknk im now convinced to buy the PC. wow thats akk i gotz to say

3. yea purple cindy is the next strain i want to try. good post

4. After this good advertising they should send me some freebies, especially since my original shipping was messed up. I have some Cluster Bomb and had 2 of them growing. Both turned out to be males. Some day I will try again with them. Need to wait to see which Purple Cindy mom I will keep then I will have room for another one.

5. Nice plants.
    So they are in the same bucket? What does this prove, that the cindy is a bigger yielder? I will have to look up the flowering times on the cindy [it is a new strain and I need to check the pheno's] because I am not familiar with it other than I have heard of it. Anyway, good job.

6. If you have seen Earl's Space Shuttle Grow of Purple Cindy you'd know that this strain grows big. White Widow isn't a big strain size wise but Purple Cindy clearly is. I think also that another member here (SmoOve?) has a grow in hydro with only 2 Purple Cindy plants and he's maxed out his grow room. Earl stated that he had enough weed from 1 large Purple Cindy (and 2 smaller ones) to last him a whole year!! I think IMgreen is growing HGS White Widow in hydro and his plants look great too!!

7. Being in the same bucket doesn't prove a thing. Just making a comment on all conditions being the same then an excuse as to why I have 2 plants in the same pot (usually not recomended).

Because these 2 were in the same bucket and were the first ones planted I know for a fact that all conditions were the same for these 2 plants even though the needs of each might be a little different. White Widow doesn't like as much nitrogen is the word on that. These Purple Cindy plants have made my skunk plants look like runts too.

It would be nice if just a couple of plants could satisfy all of my smoking needs for a year. One of those things I will have to see to believe. Looking at some of the pics on the HGS forum, there are some plants that look like Christmas trees with nothing growing on the bottom half. Maybe if an entire plant like that was filled up and you didn't mind smoking leaf, it might last a year. It would depend on how much you smoke.

Hopefully the quality will be good too.