White Widow OK For A First Grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by adlardo84, May 26, 2007.

1. So I am planning on getting some feminized White Widow and Blueberry seeds for my first grow from Dutch Passion. I was wondering if I have done enough reading and have the Carbon Filter in my grow cabinet if White Widow will be fine for my first grow. I dont want to overdo it, so I am wondering if there is anything significantly more difficult about growing White Widow or should I be fine? Thanks, just a concern I'm having. I just really want to grow an amazing strain my first time, it will make it all the more enjoyable when I sit down and smoke my own buds.

2. Two great choices in strains, I personally haven't had any experience with them. I was going to get one of the 2 for my first grow but seeds were expensive and I didn't want to muck them up so I went for their cheaper feminized skunk and so far so good. But hey if you have the money grab them why not :D.

3. if this is your first grow in a untested grow area.... i wouldnt suggest dropping 100. or more dollars on this seed....[ all though white widow is a easy to grow indoor plant so your choice is right om]

your first grow should be some ''fire bag seed'' your going to have a tricky time getting the elements in perfect op. order..... during this first grow youll do a lot of modifying as the grow progresses... you may kill it for a many a reasons....

dont experiment with 100 dollars... pratice, and if that goes well, then you grow your big dollar seed plant. and know that youll be sucessful!!!!

good luck,,, and keep the fact that your growing to yourself.... if you wont to show someone,,, sahow us... not your friend down the road...... security must be your first priority...... remember that, or youll be in jail remembering it........ think about it,,, security,, before anything else, and youll be fine... good luck!!!:wave:

4. Pic up some seeds from Dr. Chronic...look at Nirvana or KC Brains. The phenotypes vary a little more from seed to seed from what I've learned, BUT they are a lot cheaper and will give you more variety for your money.

10 seeds at $100

40-50 seeds at $100

Sure they aren't feminized...but if you truly have read alot, you'd know that feminized seeds have a way better chance of turning to a Hermie if you stress it...which you very well may do if you are a first timer.

I'm a first timer as well, but I literally read for hours in the grow journal section for weeks until I even ordered a single seed.

Me personally, I'd rather buy something cheaper...find my own "cream of the crop" and then clone from there on out. Right now I only down 3 seeds of my original 10 of the Blue Mystic...BB x WW from Nirvana and one was a nasty girl...check out the pics. Allwith floro tubes...in a hot environment with all organic.

Posting more pics tomorrow...they are sleeping.

Here's my grow!

5. Yeah chicken, you are absolutely right. I am not gonna tell a soul. I think my housemates will likely know about it but not even they will see my plants. I have one friend that is an experienced grower and we have been talking about me doing this for a while. I think it would be nice and safe to have a friend grower to talk to during the process. I have a lot of faith in myself which is why I am willing to drop the dough. Originally I was going to get some cheaper seeds, but I was thinking about it and if I am going to really go through with this, spend all the cash for lights and ventilation and everything, upwards of like $800, I might as well throw down $100 for the seed. If the seed is shit then the rest is just a waste. I dont know, thats just my mentality. I was just thinking that something about these strains might be more difficult than others, but a plant is a plant I suppose. With the right ingredients, love, and care it will grow.

6. I agree with the bag seed idea. I grow White Widow, it is simple and tolerant. Only thing with my plant is stretch. It grows 40 days into flowering. So don't veg very long if you don't want tall plants.

Note: I have had very bad luck with KC Brains. Every seed set produced an array of phenotypes ( mix of plants ). I can say, they looked like someones bag seed mix. I tried three seed sets and the all came out mixed of who knows what. A few made some nice plants, but nothing like what the package said it was.

Nirvana seeds are great. The right price and the right stuff. They are the same as the high dollar seeds.

Might be just my luck.

7. But the thing is, I dont know where to find bag seed. I could prolly find some shitty mids somewhere and use that seed. But then wouldnt I be growing middie plants? Sometimes there is a seed or two in the beasters I get, usually they are white so cant use those. Truth is I've been buying and smoking such good green in the past year that I could more easily order some seeds online then find them in a bag of bud.

How tall do you usually let the WW grow in veg? How much will it usually grow once you put it into flowering?

8. Get some good ol' Mexican Brick Weed, man. They're LOADED with seeds and cost like $300 / pound! Good way to get seeds for a starter grow, plus you get some dope to pass time.

9. I could give that a shot, although all the peeps I know to get bud from at this point have headies. I'll probably just go ahead and order some expensive seeds and if I fuck it up I'll just feel like an idiot and learn from it. But I don't think I will :eek: Theres too much riding on it for me :smoke:

Thanks for in the input fellas.

10. Don't buy crap weed just to get "free" seeds. We recco bagseed on the assumption that everyone has some in their current stash. But if you don't have bagseed then go ahead and buy some genetics.

WW is a pretty good choice, though I would recommend Northern Lights over WW for a first timer -- both are pretty straightforward to grow but NL is a bit more tolerant and WW a bit more finicky to my experience. But again, neither is a tempermental bitch like some strains.

If your roommates know about your grow -- and if you have roommates they will know -- then your security is at risk. It's one thing for you to take it to heart to not tell anybody, but can they keep it that quiet? Your whole future is on the line, think about it. Many of us have waited to be in situations where we could grow without anyone at all knowing.

Don't let the rumors of hermies scare you off of femmed seeds. It is true that some strains and crosses when feminized can tend to hermie, but the breeders test and don't put those on the market. That's why if you look at what the seedbanks have in stock they often do not have quite a bit of the femmed selections available -- the breeders produce relatively small batches and test them, and if they don't pass muster they don't sell them. So as far as the femmed seeds that are available for purchase the hermie thing is largely a myth. I've grown femmed quite a bit without ever having a hermie.

11. Thanks for your reply toasty, always real helpful. I am a little nervous about my housemates (there are 3 of them). I can completely count on 2 of them who are my really good friends, but the third one I have just met kind of recently and I could see him telling people that I am growing if he knew. I am not sure what to do now after reading your post. I've been getting really psyched to grow in my new pad for a few months now, but if I wind up in jail then it obviously won't be worth it. Geez, I despise the laws in this country (US). I just think about the actual act of growing a plant and how it is illegal and it makes me so frustrated. I am still thinking about doing it, I will have my own bedroom in the attic of the house. I will be able to contain the smell pretty well, no one but my one friend will ever see my babies so it is still on my mind. The NL might be the way to go for a first grow as opposed to the WW. Both are tasty.

12. You need to do a small small grow and not tell anyone you can't trust...or even think about for more than 2 seconds.

13. WW isnt a bushy plant. I got some nirvana WW. I have them outdoors, 8 of em 4 are above 2 ft 1 is 3ft. their fan leaves are compact and they shoot up with some burly stems. In total I have 30 plants, when I walk within 10 ft of them I can smell them, and theyre only 5 weeks old! I def like growing more compact bushy plants that fill in with inner branches and create new nodes

14. You've a problem, roommates! Might want to rethink the whole thing. As for your strains, I agree with toasty, NL might be the way to go.

15. Everyone goes to jail. Would suck to send someone to jail who does not even know about the grow. I would tell everyone in the house what I'm doing or not grow in that house at all. Anything less would be irresponsible and uncool.

16. You are right, it is important that they know. I would not hide it from them. Besides, I think they already know that I was planning on doing this. I'm re-thinking everything as of now. I am pretty sure I can trust these guys, but it may be worth reconsidering. I have my whole to grow....as long as I am not in jail. Anyone know what the sentence would be for growing 5 plants? I was just curious. :confused:

17. Depends on the state you live in, past conviction, how crooked the arresting officer is, and other factors. If your in California, I would recommend getting your prescription. A prescription costs about $100 and I have not seen anyone denied. I hope the ease of obtaining a perscription won't ruin it for the sick folks who really need it.

18. Nah, they are giving these things out like candy, and MJ laws are getting looser and looser here... pretty sure anyone who truly needs it wont have a problem. Only thing i see messing this up are people ages 18-19 (like myself) with cards...dont know how to act...