White Widow in SCROG

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by itsnotme, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Can any that has grown WW (greenhouse seeds) confirm how much it stretches? I growing in a 3.75' x 2' screen and I trying to figure out when to switch over I'm at 45% - 55% full now. \t\t\t\t\t\t

2. Well I couldn't risk it so I switched to 12/12 tonight because if she's super stretchy I don't have a lot of height to work with and I need to keep the growth under the screen.

3. The nice thing about SCROG is that you can control the stretch by continuing to pull everything under the screen until it starts to flower. It's absolutely one of the easiest ways to control headroom. The only thing that's going to grow above the screen is colas. If you get a foot long cola you're going to be dancing in the streets & bragging all over the forum. Hope you get it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fair enough, I've just seen a bunch of pics on-line of overgrown SCROGs and I didn't want to be in that position. I'm planning to grow this strain a few times so I'm taking notes and will see what happens.

Many Thanks

5. Great, that's the way to get it done!!! And have the most fun and learn the most of what your strain has to offer. Take a few cuttings, hold them, grow the best cuttings as mothers when your regular crop finishes. That's how you can really "dial in" a favored strain, and enjoy working with it until you learn all she has to offer.
    There's always something about a new "girl", but there's a helluva lot more to be said about getting to know her. Bestaluck to ya!

6. I've donet alot of scrogging, still do... my advice if your worried about stretch is train until the stretch is very obviously slowing down.. I didn't do this recently and ended up with massive stretch on some Pure Kush's (GHS). lesson learnt! This time with the big bang I over-trained but yield still looks like it'll be very good...

7. Interesting how much training is too much training?

8. Whatup! Yeah I SCROG'd a few greenhouse seeds white widow my last grow (indoor soil) using FF in 5g buckets.

In regards to stretch, IMO, she grew more like an indica with minimal stretch of about 2x veg height. But the smoke was more sativa dominant, and very VERY smooth. The canopy stayed level and easy to manage. Very hardy against pests too. In comparison to a SSH (pure sativa) from greenhouse, which went more like 3.5x veg height, and took 16 weeks to flower! Yikes, it was a monster!

Growing out a few more WW right now in fact, due to their good performance last time.

Good luck...

9. So I'm back, thanks for the replies. Here's my continuation question when does one stop training the plant back under the screen? I'm about 9 days into flower, my screen is nearly full but there is still room for training however I have started seeing the flowers form so it made me wonder it I can harm the yield moving these all around?

10. day 10 tonight, I watered last night and there was 1+ inch stretch overnight. I'm just worried the more I pull under the more I feel I'm going to damage the newly forming bud.