White Widow in distress!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dpb1983, Mar 20, 2017.

1. IMG_5118.JPG IMG_5119.JPG IMG_5120.JPG Help!

One of my three Nirvana WW is showing some serious signs of trouble.

I am growing in FFOF, 3 gallon smart pot, 400 HPS, 76/65 (day/night), 40% RH, water at 6.0 PH with earth juice Bloom and CalMag (7 tbsp, 1 tbsp/5 gallons). I have recently flushed this plant twice because the runoff PH was over 7.4 (according to my aquarium tester). I used a 1/4 dose of Bloom and PH of 5.8 to flush 10 gallons. I was able to get the PH corrected to 6.6, but no lower. My question is, is it too late in flower to try anything else? Will the bud be ok? I appreciate any help, thanks!

2. I had one of my strains do this too. I thought it was from the soil having low ph and I gave it calmag. It didn't help much and neither did flushing. The buds are totally normal and covered in trichomes. I think if you can keep it from getting any worse you'll be OK. I removed the damaged leaves so I could keep better track of what was happening. It's pretty amazing how few leaves the plant needs at the end of flowering. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. I just finished a WW from Nirvana. The buds look okay IMO. How long has she been in 12/12?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. It's looks like a calcium deficiency IMO. I would take off the deficient leaves like mentioned but I wouldn't take too many off at one time my stress her more. But the buds look healthy to me.

5. Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum[/QUOTE]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nirvana gives 8-10 weeks of flower time but you'll need a microscope of course. so if you flush for 2 weeks it shouldn't be that much longer to harvest. Do do you know the pH of your tapwater?

7. My plants were done a little over 8 weeks they were close to 50 cloudy to 50 amber. So Friday will be 7 weeks Correct? I'm sure your tapwater isn't that high if your in the states. I usually give a 2 week flush before harvest. How much Cal Mag were you feeding was it every watering?

8. My incoming water is about 7.2, after nutes it's at 6. My runoff was coming out above 7.2. I did 1 TBSP for my last 5 gallon batch of water.

9. I believe this to be phosphorus deficiency. Im also budding a white widow that's 6 1/2 weeks and it had similar rusty blotches. It was from not enough phosphorus and potassium. Not enough bloom booster. It wouldn't hurt to also increase cal/mag slightly. Burning up the extra bloom nutrients requires magnesium.

Cannabis is a phosphorus hungry plant in bloom.

I switched from GH liquid koolbloom 0-10-10 to GH dry koolbloom 2-45-28 and it corrected right away though the damaged leaves stayed.

Double your P&K portion of your feeding.

Cannabis Phosphorus Deficiency - See the Symptoms & Get the Solution! | Grow Weed Easy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. You need your pH at 6.3. Start using lemon juice to ph your water to 6.3. Try a teaspoon per gallon and check it. Manganese is locked out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks! I have been trying to get the PH down. I flushed with 10 gallons of 6.0 and my runoff was still reading above 7.

12. This is mine at 5 1/2 weeks. You can see the rust spots on the leaves on the left side of the pic if you look. It really liked more phosphorus. I also raised the nitro a little.
    [​IMG]

13. @Tbone Shuffle did you notice it follows the veins. Theyre very similar. Hes definitely locked out. PH way too high.

From now on if youre feeding organic avoid runoff. You wash your available and stored nutes out. Youre also washing away and killing your living soil organisms. The goal is to stay moist.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You also wash the pH buffers.out of the soil

16. To me it looks almost exactly like the textbook phosphorus deficiency pictures you can find. It's late stage.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I don't disagree at all, but I'm pretty sure I'm feeding them enough, just that phosphorous is locked out due to alkaline soil. How can I correct the high PH? Should I water with much lower PH than what i want?

18. Decrease your feed ph and top dress the soil with some Dolomite lime. Take some 1/2" chunks of lime and sink a few down in the soil. The will help correct ph and feed the plant.

• Like Like x 1