White Widow Grow- Generic Potting Soil vs. Miricle Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmknVTEC, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Yo bud nice things bout moms is they are mature enought to handle more nutes.

Hey bud how old are the seedlings? If you transplanted maybe they are older? Older more established plants do better. What strain? To get rid of nutrients at the end near harvest the flush is what gets rid of bad taste. Then after that, good curing would help but, its the flush that rids the plant from all salts and nutes.

2. the seedlings are about 2 weeks and are still fine today
    i check on them alot ha
    well thank you for your input
    hopefully with a properly executed flush and a nice long
    cure my buds will end up tasting nice
    oh and they are just bagseed from some good stuff
    i also have a preflowering plant that
    i confirmed female this morning
    :hello:

3. #103 KillaKush, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2009
    Great thread man, I used organic MG this go around and it was a nightmare. I'm some what new to growing and had no clue why I was having problems. I transplanted them to some FFOF soil and in 3 days they were growing great.

4. Thanks man. Wow a nightmare even with the organic. Yeah FFOF Seems to be the best and most widely used. I have yet to try it; I still use generic premium potting soil from my local nursery. I will try FFOF on my next go around. Thanks for the input.

5. So, In conclusion Miracle Grow (with the exception of there Organic line) is bunk?
    What's some dank soil i can use that you recommend?

6. Dude you arent even gonna get past the fungus gnats that are already there before you even open the bag of soil..organic or not...been done that road already lol..luckily I didn't use the soil and got a new car in time to drive to get "real" soil and nutes..good luck in the name of science!

7. For something with ferts already in it, fox farm ocean forest mixed with perlite. I went soilless on my grow though and used a mix of peat moss, vermiculite and perlite. Either of those will do you just fine.

8. Next time anyone flushes mg soil....it should be down the toilet

9. You are very biased against MG. And although i understand that it is generally agreed upon that mg is not as good as other soils, i currently have 14 seedlings growing in mg 6 month release. None are burnt at all, i have had no nute probs, ill post some pics to show the 1 week old plants. I mention their age because as far as i have read, seedlings are even more susceptible to the nutrient overload that MG supposedly provides.
    On a different note, i love this thread, very helpful, well done VTEC.

10. Only.cuz I lost a plant to it it was a constant battle..hate to see anyone go through that after all ur hard work...didnt mean to be negative nancy..lol

11. Mg is all ive ever used but normally go with mg seed starting then mg moisture control