White Widow (GHSC) First Grow (Lots of pictures)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by filis, Sep 24, 2009.

1. High everyone,:wave:
    and welcome to my first grow journal

Specs: 250W hps on 18/6 For veg
    Biobizz nute
    Biobizz all mix soil

So here are some pics from the begining to now

Day 5

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 12

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 21

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 26

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 29

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 34

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Day 38 (today)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

So tell me what u think!:wave::smoking:

2. Ultimatly beautiful! Yours seem to be growing a little faster than mine. Is that normal for some plants?

3. awesome! congrats!

what is that a 3 gallon pot?
    whats ya growin in the background w/ it on day34?

good luck!

4. Its an 18 l pot
    and that plant in the background is just spearmint that my mother almost killed, i just wanted to see how it would do with some nutes and the growlight:cool:

5. Wow filis that plants looks really good, glad you started a journal so I can keep up with your grow like you have been keeping up with mine:smoking:

6. Should i start flowering? its about 1/3 the size of what i want it to be at harvest.
    Or shall i top her first? Can I top while flowering?(like in the first week)
    Or what should i do to maximize the yield?:confused_2:

7. I'm no expert but your plant looks ready to go into flowering to me. I think it may be better to top before you go into flowering though. This gives more time for the main colas too develop which in the end will equal more nugs. I would say top it now and start flowering in a week. They should probably be decent size by then with that nice HPS you have:D

8. I agree that topping will ultimately result in more direct sunlight on more colas, but I would suggest waiting at least two weeks after topping before flowering. If you want it to end up 3x bigger than the last pics, you'll have to wait just a little longer in the veg state. Looking very nice so far...
    Peace
    DM

9. Ok u guys conviced me.:hello:
    here are the pics before and after topping.

Before

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

After

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

BTW: How much of a problem is it if my sicsors weren't sterilized?:confused_2:

10. Nice choice - she'll thank you for it in the long run.

I wouldn't worry too much about the scissors; I've done this plenty of times without any repercussions. If you were taking a clone, that's a different matter; but you should be fine.

Peace
    DM

11. I want to star flowering now but i dont know how to switch:confused:
    should i let lights off for 6 hours and then on for 12 and then 12 hours of darkness?
    Or 12 hours dark then 12 hours night?
    And should i start giving floweringnutes right away?

Peace:wave:

12. Ok i switched to 12 12 today, and my friend just called that he found a seed in some weed he bought and germinated it, could i put it into the room with my WW? Of course yield wont be much but hey, at least something. Has anyone experience with 12 12 from seed?

Ill Put up some new pics of the WW soon!

13. Do it! 250hps, going straight to 12/12 is all good!

14. Sorry for waiting so long with the update:(

Ok so here are pics from day 48(day 5 of flowering)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I wont give her flowering nutes until week 2 of flowering

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And here is a pic of the seed i planted 2 days ago (unknown strain)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tell me what u think!:wave:

15. subscribed:smoke:

16. looks great nice an healthy interested to see how 12/12 does from seed.i start flowering tomorrow:hello:
    good luck im tuned in.

17. #17 filis, Oct 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2009
    Hey everyone,
    I have a HUGE problem:eek:. in two weeks or so im gonna be away for 9 days, what should i do to keep them watered? I have absolutely no money for a watering system and even if i had, you cant get anything like that here.

Please help:(

18. ouch 9 days! maybe you can create some sort of water siphon from like a soda bottle or something. Maybe fill a coke bottle with some water, have a tube running into the dirt and everytime it dries a bit it will suck some water into the soil. Maybe you can buy bunch of those Aqua globes and stick them in the dirt or make like a home made one!

19. 9 days is a toughy, whats your watering schedule like right now?

When we go away for our home plants we take a garbage bag in fill it with what we feel would be the equivalent to what we water in the week (never gone longer) and poke the smallest hole you can.

Then tie it up and duct tape it above your plant. Test the drip rate and see how much water you plant is getting per day.

Aqua globe would work too. Those things are pretty tight.