White widow. First topping.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stage4, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Did my first ever topping on this plant yesterday. Plant is 21 days old. How many times can this safely be done. And what are all the benefits of doing this except for keeping the plant shorter. Will it improve production or quality of buds. Give me your thoughts please. Help me make this plant a successful grow. KIMG0671.JPG KIMG0672.JPG KIMG0673.JPG KIMG0674.JPG KIMG0675.JPG

Sent from my E6810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Topping will give you much bigger yields since the main stem in now doubled so instead of 1 colla you have 2 and the more you top the more buds you’ll have. It also grows your plant out wide rather than tall which helps with small grooms. But to get the yields you want its best to Top ad LST the plant, i believe

Im sure you’ll get a bunch of good ideas!

Cheers

N

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Exactly what nirvana said keep them but keep me low as you can and fill your space up , keeping em low will cut out all the bs popcorn buds and you’ll get get fat juicy colas I usually only top once but my next grow I’m planning on either doing one or two biggish ones and completely fill my tent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. With this being only my third plant. My fist being a complete falure. I'd like to top this one a minimum of 3 times. Just to see what will happen .

5. Change containers and get some decent soil. Mine are lil over 30 days now . u should be way bigger than that. I've got white widow big bud and a few other strains myself [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my VS500PP using Tapatalk

6. Yeah that will happen when you top them, but its a good technique, cause now your plant will grow big and bushy.

What light are you using?
    How long has it been since you transplanted them?

Nirvana

7. The seeds I have are a whit widow auto from ILGM should only get 18"24" tall. My one other plant is around 20" tall and doing quite well in this soil. I feed with fox farm nutrients every watering .
    https://shop.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/products/white-widow-autoflowering

8. Started from seed in the container . I'm running 3 -50w cfl 24/7 .

9. That's your problem there . u need to get real lights brother

10. Yeaap.. looks like your in for an upgrade.
    It will make your ladies jump out of their pots of joy!

Nirvan

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yep hope u can get u some decent lights . I've personally never seen a 30 day old plant that small

12. I wouldn't top any auto more than once. Many don't like to even do that on a auto.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thats very very very true! I didnt take into account that this is an auto, i personally find autos boring for this reason.. your not in control of the plant... but amazing for novice growers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. U a a slave to an auto. To much feeding and if there is a problem it fucks up the growth and there's no getting it back, I grow photos for a reason . fucking monsters lol 1512444573738.jpeg

• Like Like x 1