White Widow day 62 flowering not ready, help?? (with pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JustAnotherToker, Dec 23, 2013.

1. I have 3 WW at day 62 flowering. I bought the seeds from Dutch Passion and the website said it should be over in 8 weeks (it's a 75% indica 25% sativa). I know it's not  100% accurate and I planned for around 9 weeks flowering and then cut but they are at 9 weeks flowering today and they still don't look ready when I watch the trichomes under the microscope. I would say they are around 50% milky and 50% clear. I maybe saw 1-2 amber in a sea of clear/milky. The pistils on the other hand are all brown from 2 plants and 1 has a lot of white hairs.
    On the other hand most of the fan leaves have gotten yellow like 2 weeks ago and fell off or dried out and I haven't fed them for 2 weeks (only water) as I planned to cut them.

This is my first grow after a few years and I never watched trichs before. How much more should I wait?

Whole plant:
    IMG_6337.JPG IMG_6338.JPG IMG_6339.JPG

Main cola:
    IMG_6341.JPG IMG_6342.JPG IMG_6343.JPG

Random top:
    IMG_6340.JPG

2. It depends kinda, do you feed them?

3. I stopped feeding them 2 weeks ago.

4. Based on what you said... Personally, I would harvest..  Enjoy!

5. I would harvest too if I didn't have a 65x 4$ microscope and if I didn't see many clear trichomes...
    I was planning to go for 10% amber trichomes then harvest but atm you can't even find amber ones.
    I use weed to fall asleep a lot so I don't want to harvest too early.

6. Zoom in close with a can to see the thrichs i find my phone cam caoable to see how close but. Couple pics she looks like theres white pistels others she looks like there mostly brown and receeding in which it about few days from harvest after the swelling of the cylaxes or take a sample nug dry it over ya xbox fan for a day give it a toke if ya like it put her in the dark for 24hrs then chop away Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Guest55445566, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2013

Everyone has a scope...  All I'm saying is that flowering longer than 3 moths causes problems...  But you have already made up your own mind, so I don't know why you even ask.  Personally I am convinced you are not accuratly diagnosing the color of the trichs, but you know everything already so I don't know why I am still helping you..

8. Huh when did I say I'm flowering for 3 months? It's exactly 2 months now or 62 days as it says in the title. If you are convinced I'm not accurately diagnosing the trichs I'm open to suggestions, I checked at least 6-10 buds mostly on the small leaves that are full of trichs and I saw maybe 1-2 amber but I did see a lot of clear ones.
    My problem is that it's 9 weeks after 12/12 and there are still a lot of clear trichs on a strain that is supposedly over in 8 weeks. Maybe I shouldn't have started counting when I flipped but when I saw flowers that means 10 days less on the count?

9. Leaf trichs mature faster youll trim that off you need to check the buds not leaf :) Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I would harvest at the first sign of amber.

THC will continue to degrade after the chop.

11. Mate i find most strains will go 2 even 3 week longer than stated that the fasted time they harvested the plant they want quickest time possible as it looks good on them. Get a scope if ya got one check buds until you see 25% amber on your buds and that will be good but since its white widow id say 10% as white strains some times dont show much amber thrics the plant will carry on jist wait till you see more amber mate it will be done in its own time not the seed banks.... unless you grew it in same condotions as them..Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Crap I checked the trichs on the leaves, if they are immature on the leaves means the flowers are even worse...

I will harvest when I start seeing amber but it's not the lack of amber that worries me it's the abundance of clear ones :(

13. Check buds mate never leaf they will go cloudy then amber but there will be clear and sincw ya like it to sleep to id wait till you see more amber on buds a nice 25% amber will let you have a nice high then let you melt into the couch be patient you got alot of white pistels on a few so also check each plant some mature faster than others even if same strain you may have diff phenos :) its dutch passion so its good genetics but id give them at least 10weeks just check every other day. Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Or stick ya metal halides in will make her create more trichs and thc to stop the uvb rays :) check out weed and uvb :) hahaSent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Lol what? Who said anything about 3 months, and why are you being a turbo turd?

Are you on day 62 of 12/12 or since first flowers? Either way I'd say she wants another week at least, then it's whatever you feel like, but I've had some plants that just refuse to amber...I think this metric is over rated. Once you don't see many live calyx shooting white/green hairs you know it's done. 90 -100 days of 12/12 is not terribly unusual, so just do what the plant tells you to do.

Day 62 since 12/12.
    2 of them have like 90% brown pistils and 1 has 50% brown.

The 90-100 days must be pure sativas?

17. No pure sativas can flower for 16 weeks Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. That would make 100s of flower but still most indicas can hit 70 days Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app