White Widow, Crystal, Mazar, Ice

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hiigel, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Hi kids, just wondering about these plants. I have 14 in flower, but I did not get around to repotting into larger pots, so they remain in 1 gallons. I have pulled two males, and the root ball is pretty small, leading me to believe I can get away with it. Am I wrong or right? Will the roots continue to spread while in flower? Is it to late to repot? Should I leave them alone and hope for the best?

I am also curious about yields of these plants. My flower room is 4'x5', in second week of flower, and the way it looks right now, I am going to have plenty of room, so I'm not to worried about that.

Thanks for any advice.

Hiigel

2. lights? nutes? ventilation? soil?

3. From my experiences, 14 plants in a 4x5 room is too many. I have had 4 plants almost entirely encircle a 4x6 room by the time flower was done. They will almost double in size, and one gallon pots aren't big enough. You want a gallon of pot size per foot of plant height. But on a positive note, if you leave them in those one gallon pots they will stunt a little and it might all work out.

4. #4 hiigel, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
    A little more information.

10/14/2009

Seeds are 6 each of White Widow, Ice, Crystal, and five Mazar which were a bonus.Seeds were germinated in paper towels; all cracked but two of the Mazars. The Mazar seeds were very very small and imature looking. They were all planted in 16 oz plastic cups because of area restrictions. I use a closet for young plants.

Area: Four (4) foot x five (5) feet x seven foot five in., (7.5) feet.
    Twenty (20) SQ. FT. or approximately 2.2 m/sq.

Lights: 600 watt HPS, for flower, MH for veg. A four foot four bulb florescent was used during most of veg period. When moved under MH for the last two weeks of veg, the MH bulb failed and I switched back to HPS for two weeks or so. When removing the HPS after receiving new one, the base seperated from the glass. I spent $200 on bulbs this month.

Soil: Regular potting soil enhanced with steer manure, mushroom compose, worm castings, vermiculite.

Fertilizer: Earth Juice veg and flower, Superthrive and FV-11

Grow Room Temp: 77 degrees. Floor heater and mobile exhausted air conditioner to mauintain temp.

Fans: Four inch fresh air @ 90 cfm Four inch in, 90 cfm fan removinh light heat at 90 cfm with bathroom exhaust as needed, 200-300 CFM. Nine inch Oscillating fan

Master bath was divided by sheet rocked wall to provide a 9 x 5 room with another fabric divider separating grow area from storage area. Three walls are covered with Black/White Poly and fourth wall is a space blanket hung for easy removal to accommodate working on plants. Floor is also covered with Black/White Poly over double layer of tarp. A small portable floor heater and an air conditioner are available when needed.

The plants are in 1 gallon pots. The male I pulled had a pretty small root ball and it was not root bound by a long shot. All seem to be doing very well except one Crystal I believe.

I am now in week two of flower with new HPS.

It looks right now that I will have enough room, but I know they will grow. I fimmed the tallest three plants a week ago.

Maybe I should take a few pics tonight when the lights come on.

Hope this helps answer my questions.

Hiigel