White Widow - Crop King Seeds, FemAuto - 400W MH & HPS - RDWC (Top-fed)

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by FishFlavouredTimbit, Dec 9, 2018.

1. :cop:

2. 14 Jan 2019 - Day 66:

14-01-2019 - Front View.jpg This is today
    14-12-2018 - Front View.jpg This is 31 days ago. I can't get over how #2 has caught up.

14-01-2019 - Nugs1.jpg 14-01-2019 - Nugs2.jpg #1 - Flowering Day 39 - are you able to see the brown pistils in the photos? If you look closely, you can actually see individual trichomes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #43 FishFlavouredTimbit, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    19 January, 2019 - Day 71:

#1 - Flowering Day 44
    #2 - Flowering Day 20

I need some help folks,

19-01-2019 - #1 - Mid to Lower.jpg I noticed a problem a few days ago with my #1 plant.

19-01-2019 - #2 - Mid to Lower.jpg The problem has since spread and is starting to affect #2. The earliest signs from #2 are the yellowing of the veins and a darkening of the areas between the veins

19-01-2018 - #1 Sugar Leaves.jpg 19-01-2019 - Sugar Leaves Close Up.jpg #1 also has the darkening between the veins, but it is really noticeable on the SUGAR leaves where there are trichomes. I can find no picture or description of anything like it on the world wide interwebs.

I did a nute change yesterday morning. PPM = 1160, pH swings from 5.4 - 6.4. Root temp = 68F. Room Temp = 72F. Tent/Canopy Temp = 74F.

I had a problem with my water supply last week so I used some tap water to top up. Could this be a chlorine problem? I did use an airstone to aerate the chlorinated water for about 36 hours prior to using it. It had a PPM of 56 and a pH of 7.0 prior to 'building' it.

What are the symptoms of chlorine poisoning?

4. 24 January, 2019 - Day 76

#1 - Flowering Day 49
    #2 - Flowering Day 25

OK, #1 might be ready to sacrifice itself for my pleasure.

Her trichomes are 50/50 milky white and clear and almost all of the pistils are brown. It is only 7 weeks into flowering and flowering is supposed to last 8 weeks, but I think she might be at peak THC and any more time spent flowering will just produce more CBD. It is White Widow so it will be mostly indica anyway. It probably has plenty of CBD already. I might wait two more days and see if any trichomes turn amber. As soon as I see one amber trichome, I'm getting out my chainsaw.

Yeah, I can always wait a few days...I have enough weed to last me another 3-4 weeks. I am not really in a rush. Well, except I want to see how much I managed to get from this plant. I'm hoping for at least a few ounces. The main cola is about 7-8" high and about 3" diameter (10" circumference) - That's over 40 cubic inches of rompin' stompin' buds. I know, I know...most of you guys have grown colas twice that size and have the pictures to prove it.

No worries. After the shitty start this grow got, I am surprised (and happy) to get anything at all.

I'm also keen to get this plant chopped so I can open up the space for my #2 plant. She has lots more bud sites and she is much taller. I have her tied back to give #1 all the light possible. As soon as I untie her, she will fill the 20" x 36" space. She'll flower for at least another 4 weeks.

As soon as I cut and trim it, I'll post pics.

5. Ph needs to be at 6.3. Veen growing hydro for years. Just trust me when I tell you this. You will thank me, and your plants will thank you & your harvest will be better than you expected.

Ph in the 5s does not work, as you can see.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

6. Ridiculous advice.

6.3 will lock out several nutrients (Zinc, Phosphorus and Potassium). If you are going to stick with only one pH level, it should be 5.8. At least it gives the best chance of absorbing MOST nutes.

7. #47 FishFlavouredTimbit, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    30 January, 2019 - Day 82

#1 - Flowering Day 55
    #2 - Flowering Day 31

I chopped #1 earlier today. I got tired of trimming pretty quickly.

I got several large colas along with one massive cola. I got no larf (I had pruned all of that crap several weeks ago). The wet weight of the trimmed buds was 523 grams (18.4 ozs). I am hoping to get about 3 ozs once it is all dried. I will post the weight in a few days.

#2 is all spread out now and getting way more sun. She has a few large colas now too. 4 weeks to go.

So, I am going to move my grow to my new house. It is going to be -8 Celcius tomorrow. I will cover the plant with two layers of garbage bags taped to the bucket to keep any wind off the plant. I will warm up my car before moving the plant. It should go fine.

8. 21 February, 2019 - Day 104

#2 - Flowering Day 53

I harvested #2 today. She had lots of large chunky buds. Almost every bud had changed to dark brown hairs and nearly every trichome was cloudy. She should produce some very nice heavy body stones.

9. OK, final weigh-in was really impressive for 2 plants that I never thought would survive.

Plant #1 - 523 gms (wet) - 121 gms (dry) 4.3 oz
    Plant #2 - 775 gms (wet) - 173 gms (dry) 6.1 oz

294 gms (10.4 ozs) of delicious bud. Yee effin' haw!!!

I also got 63 gms (dry) of sugar leaves and trim.

I managed to get 0.735 gms/W. Not too bad at all. I am very happy to get that much. I did spot a few problems with my current grow design. I will be taking care of that for my next grow. The first thing is to replace the tent with a 2' x 4' version. I also need to replace the water pump (the impeller cracked) and one of the fans. I will be planting my next grow on April 1. Super Silver Haze is next up...