White widow closet grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MeanJoeGreen69, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Hi my fellow blades,

I'm new to this and I'm just about to start my first grow. I plan on growing:
    5 femmed white widow seeds
    1 auto skunk+critical mass seed femmed
    And 1 CH9 femmed seed

Lights: 2 possibly 3 4' long 4 bulb floursecent fixtures
    1 400 watt MH/HPS (MH for veg, HPS for flower)

And 1 150 watt HPS (all the way through mostly for auto)
    Definetly need a fan

Medium: Right now I have dr earths organic mix for tomatoes, I wanted to get a bag of ocean forest but couldn't find any on short notice. If anyone has used this brand before please let me know how it went. Also I plan on using FF nute trio down the road. I'm going to plant them in 6x6 fiber pots to start and then transfer most of them into 5 gallon pots and a couple in 3 gal.

I'm going to use this thread throughout my grow and will post pics once I get setup. I really just want some support: any advice, tips or suggestions that you have would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Sounds cool. I'll stay tunned.

3. Alright cool, il post more pics whenever I get the MH in there lol

4. Hey jw who's ww I'm trying to figure out which to get.

5. Got the new light up! 600W MH/HPS!!! This is so sickkk, can't wait to see how the plants like it! How do they look so far? My 2 white widows haven't sprouted yet... :// and I planted them about 3 days ago. Any feedback would be great

Thanks

Attached Files:

6. #6 usandthem, Apr 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2013
    You shouldn't have more than one plant per pot. Everything else looks nice and neat though. You must have some kickass ventilation. How big is your space? Good luck.

7. Yeahh I know, my buddy threw some bag seeds in a bunch of pots and he didn't know if they'd sprout so he through a couple in each.. And yahh it's about 5 ft long 2.5 ft wide 7 ft tall

8. Looks good man :bongin:

9. Should I be worried if the white widow seeds haven't sprouted yet... It's been 3-4 days and the suspense is killing me!

10. No sometimes it can take up to 14 days for a seed to sprout. Make sure the soil they're in is very very wet

11. It is, I water it when it gets dry but the soil I'm using is suppose to retain a lot of water, also I use tap water that I let sit over 24 hrs at least but I'm about to get some RO water to use till they get bigger.

I have a little issue with my auto skunk mass seed... The container it was in fell over and 75% of the soil fell out (which means the seed must have) I didn't search for it instead I scooped it all up and just dumped it back in. The odds of it surviving are pretty slim huh??:(

12. the odds of it surviving is very high, unless the spilt soil had time to dry out (along with the seed) it should be fine. it doesn't matter if its 6" deep, it will get to the surface no problem

your seedlings look nice and healthy. don't worry about having two in a pot, they won't mind sharing, but keep in mind the pot will need to be big enough for two, and because they are growing so close you will have to train them to lean away from eachother to space them out a bit

13. Alright cool! Thanks! Makes me feel a lot better, also I'm using RO water right now until they sprout and get a bit bigger but I was thinking after that.. Would spring water be an alright water source for the plants?

14. Nice looking setup mate. Similar to what I'm thinking but with less plants and a screen.

Definitely keep an eye on this.

15. Good luck!

I wish I was in a situation where I could grow my own! :(

16. Thanks, just got some reflection in the bitch :) il put up pics soon!

17. New pics, covered the walls in aluminum foil although now I see why most ppl don't use it :( after I put this shit up it only took 30 min for the perfect temp to raise 20 degrees... Thankfully that's when I checked it, definetly need to replace soon but for now I just have it venting more to release heat

Attached Files:

18. Day 4 for the first white widow to pop out :) small so far but at least I know it's alive, it's crazy how fast it grows ! But il post more pics as it gets bigger

White widow
    image-3107379525.jpg

image-1538337998.jpg

Bag seeds

image-3513877217.jpg

image-1894218653.jpg

image-1792198696.jpg

image-2495648035.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Also had the MH set to 450 watts for the day, temp stayed pretty consistent around 80 most of the day but got close to 90 at it's peak.. Need to get another fan or a better way to vent