White Widow - Buds stretching, not gaining weight!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by mardanlin, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Hi, so I'm in 8th week of flower and I thought my buds were finally starting to get fat. I left last Tuesday and just got back today, but I must have been wrong because they're not any fatter.

Some of the hairs look like they're dying off. they're all crippled and yellowed/burnt looking. But they aren't actually burnt because it's not just buds on the top.

However, most of the pistils are still very white, very erect, sticky, and healthy. What the heck is going on with this thing?

2. pics would help

3. #3 mardanlin, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2010
    I don't have a camera capable of capturing the details on the hairs, otherwise you'll just see a lanky plant which I don't see how that would help.

Basically here is what's happening: Buds start to form up and down a stem. Looks like it's going to make one nice long thick bud. But then these bud spots just grow outward. Now it's like 50 separate buds, each one sitting on top of a 2in bare stem. Like I said, she should be done by now! I tried LST but gave up sort of early would this cause it?

EDIT: Fine! LOL Here is a picture. I doubt it's going to help at all, like I said. What's pictured is one of the tops. As you can see, even at the top it's branching out instead of packing on weight!
    http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2889/img00190201004050845.jpg

By the way, I know that top is burnt, because I left for a week and it grew too close to the light. But even the lower ones are doing this!

4. You should be further along at 8 weeks... way further along.

What kind of light are you using?

Also, nutes and such.

5. well, .. You have

A) Hermie Going On,
    B) Bad Genetics ( Look at the Leaf Blades )
    C) You should have asked for help earlier

but 8 weeks in 12/12 am I correct there ? .. If so dude, .. Ya need ta do some more research next time, so that stuff don't happen again.:smoking:

6. Well you can't say it's bad genetics based on the leaf shape because the mother had PERFECT leaves. Also, if you take a clone and start to veg it again it grows full leaves. You don't think the terrible attempt at LST could have done it?

Also, definitely not hermie, it's been like this for a while and no balls.

7. Can ya tell me your lights, and nutrients dude .. .. ?

And They Are in 12/12 - 8 weeks .. ?

8. Lights were originally 12/12 but I thought they were still getting too much so now it's on 11/13 or 10/14 not sure. The nutrients are Fox Farms Tiger Bloom.

9. Fox Farms Tiger Bloom is one of three products, that are used in combination. Good stuff but needs to be used with something else. Also, check to make sure you got the Fox Farm Tiger Bloom for soil and not hydro. How much of Tiger Bloom did you use? How often?

Are you using High Intensity lights or something else?

What is the ph of the water/nutes.

10. This is a hydro grow. I have the proper nutrients, but yes they are all I'm using. I've used only these nutes before and gotten good results. Should I add big bloom or something?

Also, the pH is kept at a steady 6.2-6.5.

11. I was feeding her about once a week. I have them in 5 gallon buckets and the buckets would still have a good bit of water in them when I change it every week. I would use the recommended amount, 2-3 tsps per gal.

12. ....awesome.

13. is that 8 weeks its been under 12/12? or 8 weeks including time it was clipped as a clone?

because why are the leaves messed there not to 5 finger leaf like normal. i am growing white widow and they don't look like that.

what light are you using?

oh and white widow takes 9 to 10 weeks to completely flower

14. Do you have any major light leaks? What light do you use?
    Could be a random mutant or something, have you flowered other clones from the same mother?

15. Yes, 8 weeks of 12/12. I don't count time they spend rooting. And no, all the clones are pretty much doing the same thing.

No major light leaks. It's behind a sliding closet door. Maybe a tiny crack is open where the door doesn't meet perfectly, but that's it. I'm using 2x150w HPS.

16. 8 weeks at 12/12 those things should have some big and I mean big ole buds on them so there is definitely something wrong but it sounds like you know what you are doing so just do some research and you will figure out, good luck!!!:hello:

17. FML. shit always seems to happen to me.

18. :wave:i have no idea but ur leaves looks really dark green in the pic, did u over water?? mayb nute burn? or ur luck jus happens to be as bad as mine! lol good luck

19. you are going to hav eto try to revert that back to veg, at 8 weeks you should be looking serious trichs. you said all the clones are doing the same thing? She looks too stressed to flower, shes trying though,if you want to save that plant, go back to veg. get the right nutes, yo need miro , i assume you are using the 3 part system, but only one of the parts!

20. I had a widow that was struggling once but not quite as bad as yours. A experienced grower told me to cut my nutes in half and give it a shot of magnesium. Apparently widow likes the mag.