White Widow Big bud 1st time grow advise with pics

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by disciples of Christ, Jan 28, 2016.

1. This is
    my first time grow, I have a "White Widow* Big bud" cooking, about 28
    days from dropping the seed into water. I transplanted it about 18 days into
    it. I have a 600 Watt, Global Star G15 LED light, with two switches, Leaf,
    and Bloom. I'm using fox farm trio nutrition, with earth grow potting
    soil. I also have the light about 10 1/2 inches from my LED light. I
    started out doing 12/12 for my first week or so, but I"ve been going about
    18-24 hours the past 2-3 weeks. She"s started off very slow, I mean only
    the past few days have had a little growth.
    The photos I"ve attached are from yesterday 1-27-16.

1.) I"m pretty confused on the fox farm feeding schedule. Do you mix the nuts together;
    I"m thinking going into week 2 you mix the "big bloom" with 6 TBLSPOONS & "grow big" with 2 tablespoons. (Im way past wk 2 tho). I also haven"t been using the FF much, but going to start, will this affect yield & potency by not starting young.
    I know little is better then to much, but is mixing these together what the schedule means?

2.) As to watering, I"m using a gallon jug,
    A.) Should I use a whole gallon of nuts a
    week
    B.)? How does 2-3 watering days a week sound. Example, feeding, water,
    feeding, & sometimes (feeding, water, water, feeding)

3.) To be this size at almost a month old, is this bad? how does she look? does
    it look like things are going good or could there be any issues? I just need
    advice on how I"m doing so far, anything"s better than nothing. (Pros &
    cons) I just want my baby girl to grow big and stink with potent buds. With all
    that I"ve stated, is there anything I"m doing wrong or not doing, or doing enough of?

Overall there"s purple on the outsides of the leafs, the pictures show crystals EVERYWHERE when
    zoomed in and small white looking hairs all over the stem

Whats yalls thoughts on my baby girl so far. If any of yall have grown ww*bb then let me know how it went, and if it was real potent and good yeilds. So many different opinions online lol...

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Putting that LED too close to your plant will cause light bleaching since the LED's have a more harsh affect on new young plants. However, if you've been running it at that height for all this time, I guess it's done any damage it's going to do. The reason your plant isn't any bigger than what it is, is because you started it out in a huge container. A plant always does it's root work first before anything happens foliage wise. So, starting this little seedling in a big huge pot of soil makes it take a long time to get rooted in since it has so much area to root into. Your soil looks way too dense to me too. It's best when first starting out to use a formulated grow soil or create your own organic mix via a proven recipe. The soils you buy at box stores come loaded to the hilt with slow release fertilizers and these will often burn a young tender seedling. They are also way too dense for these plants to thrive. MJ plants like light arid soil for ease of root growth and good drainage. They don't like to have their roots sitting around in moisture and a dense heavy soil holds moisture. You need to add in a bunch of perlite to that soil you're using to lighten it up and be very careful of giving any nutes until your plant has gotten some more size on it. Next time, start your seedlings out in Solo cups in good soil with lots of drainage holes. Leave them in the cups in good soil and give only water that has been properly pH'd to the correct range (6.3 to 6.7 for soil) until they are as wide and as tall as the cup they're in before you transplant up to 1 gallon pots. A fresh transplant gives your plant fresh soil with fresh natural nutrients in it and this will feed your plant for 2 to 3 more weeks before you need nutes. Nutes too early just burns your plants. Don't water until the pot feels as dry as it did when you transplanted into fresh soil. They need defined wet/dry cycles to be healthy and happy. TWW

3. I'm doing a run of White Widow x Big bud as well. I will stay posted.

4. #4 PNWClosetGrower, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
    With the fox farm trio you do mix the nutes into your water, the directions are for the ratio of nutes to put in 1 gallon of water but be careful i think those directions might be made for vegetables everyone tells me never use more than a half dose and my plants on my first run grew awesomely with 1/2 doses of the fox farm trio. For soil i used ocean forest at about 1.5 parts, 1 part black gold, 1 part perlite, 3/4 parts coco-coir. Threw a little mykos in there to help the roots but i'm pretty sure the salts in the fox farms trio killed the bacteria. Watch this, it will answer most if not all of your questions and probably help you to become a better grower, it helped me a lot.

5. Thanks man, I had it in a small cup(half the size of a solo). Would you recomend me puting it further from the light. As far as vegging goes, since I transplanted to soon, does about 5-6 weeks sound like a foot tall or longer? Or would I do better by just starting a new plant?

6. #7 fivefivetwo, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Those dosages have got to be for hydro? The bottle says like 2-3 tsp every other watering 7-10 days for dirt

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

They are that's why it's got ppm and all that listed on them

7. I am using fox-farm nutes as well. I have only fed once with Kangaroots at 15 days and then again with grow big at 20. I mixed the grow big at half strength. here is my White Widow X Big bud at 15 days from seed under a 600 watt MH.
    [​IMG]

8. If thats 15 days then I need to start a new one lol, thats beautiful tho

9. Here's my Northern lights on day 15.
    [​IMG]

10. [​IMG] I'm only pointing this out because I've seen you mention it several times and thought you might want to change how your saying it. Newbs might not understand. . You're definition of arid and that cannabis likes arid soil is incorrect. Cannabis likes light AIRY soil, not arid....arid won't support life

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app