White Widow and Indica Indoor Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by DevilRed, Dec 5, 2003.

1. wow i didnt realise you could get them to show sex so soon...

2. Well my clones are all doing fantastic! The ones under flowering for about a week now are really showing they will be nice producers. First growth of flowers all over.

But..... my sprout is showing some problems. She (it) has a couple sets of leaves wilting. No yellow, just turned under wilt.
    Not sure if i watered it too much or sexed too soon. My guess is prob the water. Its been a few days since the wilting started. I have not watered since and the wilting is not getting worse. One leaf may have even recovered. But one pair of fans looks pretty bad. Not sure if they will turn the corner and come back. Since sexing though the plant is showing new growth, tiny branches starting at the nodes.

Anyhow, pic supplied

Attached Files:

• wilt.jpg
      wilt.jpg
      File size:
      44.8 KB
      Views:
  3. hope the indica plant pulls thru...

4. Well the sprout still was looking wilted, no recovery put possibly more wilting. The plant was really stretching also.

So for the good of the cause I pulled it. Instead of devoting my time and energy (light lumes) to a sick and possible male...or even hermie (I didn't know it was a seed). I just pulled it to give the space to my known ladies, the clones.

RIP-little sprout :(

But as for the clones, one week into flowering they are looking great and superb! Very healthy!

5. sorry to hear about her, d.r.

6. Okay, so I have 6 clones growing. And I decided to flower three of them (started Dec 14th). They are hermies!!! The three in flowering are anyhow. The other three still while in veg really only look like ladies. I think my light schedule or something when making the clones may have stressed. them. I sure hope the other three are still ladies because i plan to use them to clone for a different larger outdoor crop.
    Ill post some pics up. Until then I am picking the few male sacks off that i find

7. Okay, little update.
    Of the three plants in flowering, only two are hermies. The third shows no male pods (yet).

I just hope I didn't stress the others that are not in flowering since I will be growing them for another three months in veg to make many clones for a spring grow. A batch of hermie clones would wayyyyyyy suck!

In 4 weeks i will start 2 bubble gum seeds in hopes of one being a lady to clone off in the spring. :0)

pics in the next few days of the flowering progress

8. Two plants on left are not in flower yet. Others on right are in flower. Of the three on the right, the two close to me as I took the pic seem to be the hermies :(. They do look very healthy though!

Attached Files:

9. Largest of the plants, two weeks into cloning, start date Dec 14th. Boy its healthy looking!

Attached Files:

10. I might have an idea why they're turning hermie.. not positive tho just adding my opinion. I heard somewere from someone on here one day that changing the type of light can turn the plant to a hermie... so if ur giving them sunlight and then lowering them to HPS which are a bit weaker than the sun taht may be the reason.

11. Well i think i may have good news. Its been a few days and no new male pods.......or what I thought were male mods

Maybe.......just maybe i was paranoid and pulling off little immature lady buds (i hope).

I also have read the things about the sunlight, but im hard pressed to believe it just yet. Plants love light and will soak up as much as you can give them without burning them. Thus my plants were prob lov'n my few stints i gave them in the window. I mean in nature there are days, heck weeks that are overcast and really gloomy, so the plant gets varied lumes.

I guess ill keep you all posted on the situation.

12. Well the strain im growing is from a temperate climate much like the northern U.S.

But anyway on a better note! A positive here.

Okay as far as I can now tell my plants are NOT hermies. I left a couple of those so called "pods" to mature a little more. Eventually a pair of little hairs came out...wheew thank god.

So ive been examining them daily and it seems the ladies get these small female pods (flowers) here and there on the stem, near branches usually.

So with my flower date starting Dec 14, its now Jan 6. Im 99% sure ive got ladies still! :)

3 weeks in they are flowering like mad too! Buds are very thick :)

13. Im going to continue to check them daily up until the 4th or 5th week, just to be sure.

Man I could of sworn a few of those pods were male. Either I gut super lucky and produced a hermie that only had about 5 male pods....or my paranoia got the best of me.

This is only my second indoor grow. My first was a few months back. So im still learning the finer details to the MJ plant and its tendancies.

What I am really wondering about is my clone situation. This fall (september) I took a clone from a awesome outdoor plant.

I grew that clone indoor and produced a bunch of clones off of it.

So one of my plants I have growing right now.....is actually a second generation clone. I plant to clone it again (4th generation) an then on the 5th generation it will be a whole slew of clones used for outdoor again. I wonder if the bud we be better, worse or the same?????

14. okay i take back all my prio joy. today i did my super inspection (just in time) I think I have found a few more "pods" They have stujped me though. They look 100% like male pods. But one has a hair out the end?????
    I took no chances and picked them off. Only two pods per plant.

At this rate even if they are hermies it doesn't look like I have a bad case. I have to make it 8 weeks into flowering and im approx 1/2 way with only a few here and there. I can handle a few seeds if i get them.

ill post a pic. Look at the one lone pod, it has a hair

Attached Files:

15. Here we go, solid 4 weeks into flowering

Attached Files:

16. Solid 4 weeks into flowering and the hairs on the main largest buds are about 20% brown.
    Im thinking that these plants might be fully matured and ready to harvest at 6 weeks not 8

Attached Files:

17. that orange is normal for the pistals to turn that color as the flowering process is progresssing. Mine have had a little orange since week 3 also.

The buds are just now starting to really put on size. Which is about right, week four they start to puff up.

Actually lastnight I just gave them a huge drink of water. I had been giving them only like 12 ounce of water once about every 5 days. The soil was staying pretty dry

So I filled that sucker with like 2 gallons so it would flush, man its looks so healthy now. Im going to do the others.

18. oh yea, look at all that white resin on those suckers............don't it make ya want to lick it off!!!!!

19. looking good, coming alone quit nicely, i remember my pistols going amber also on the 4th week, then they regrew out, nothing to worry about, i says you go the full 8, you should be packing on the weight in a week or 2 huh?