White Widow 9 Weeks - Harvest

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by dc5gone, Dec 3, 2013.

1. #1 dc5gone, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Chopped her down on Thanksgiving and dried her out for a few days. Humidity levels during the dry in cardboard box was low, around 30-35%

I put all my buds in the mason Jar yesterday to cure with a caliber III hygrometer, came home today about 18 hours later to burp her and the humidity was at 57%. Its been a few hours since I burped the buds, now humidity is at a steady 55%

I think I just might have missed the cure window :( going to keep the jar sealed up for a few days and watch the humidity levels. I am amazed how much my buds shrunk... I was hoping for some dank odor but nothing yet :(

I'm upset, but not bad for a very first grow

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1260715-white-widow-week-8.html#entry19008892

View attachment 1320429 View attachment 1320430 View attachment 1320431 View attachment 1320432

2. Well shit i wouldnt worry aboot the smell,
    its a flower from a plant for fooks sake,
    itll getchya high, nice first harvest too!

3. Ya when you dry you really need your humidity 40 at the least . More if your drying at higher temps, looks good tho. I have mad the same mistake

4. ok im a nooooob. but im not understanding the window in which you missed. im about to chop my two girls in the next couple of weeks and the moar i read about curing and the particulars the more im apprehensive of my first go..just a little clarification would be the tits :)

5. That's all you got from two plants? What did it all weigh? How big/old were the plants. How long was ur veg and flower cycles?Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. #6 washedmothafuka, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2014
    You dried them too fast. Cardboard box is not a good thing to dry in because it absorbs moisture unless its in a very cold and humid garage.

Edit: Still look dank though.

7. Hey guys saw this thread and thought i'd comment. Your bud looks good man, smell will come with cure. I'm a first time grower as well and just harvested white widow myself, 9 weeks, dried in 4 days, 7 day cure so far, Super dank smell. Super stoned high and amazing taste. You will be pleased with urs I'm sure! Here's a pic of my test bud, the one I've been smoking. Excited to harvest my other strains. ...tonight :) Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. She was an experiment, total dry was 2.Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. #9 yomandude, Jan 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2014
    It still looks great. I usually let them dry for 4 days in the winter ( low 20*c and about 30-40% humidity)  and still have plenty of humidity left for the cure. for the first burp, I try to wait at least 24hrs to let the humidity come out of the branches and into the budz.  

In the summer (high humidity) I have to wait at least a week to dry or I end up moldy in my jars.

The smell will come later on in the cure process, mine always smell like grass for the first week or 2 and then it gets dank! :p

Do the branch break test.  next time you burp you budz, try to break a branch, if it snaps like a twig, then yeah... they might be on the dry side so leave plenty of time between burps so they dont dry out to much.

If the branch doesnt break and just bends, you still have plenty of humidity to get out! :)

I like it best when the branch cracks but does not break off (budz are still slightly humid and burn slow and well, no dry leaf taste or harshness)  

Best of luck!

10. #10 dc5gone, Jan 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
    well its been over a month since they been in the jar, humidity stays right around 54% in the jar so I just leave the buds sealed up until I feel like smoking some. When I open the jar the smell is a bit weird because I don't think it really smells danky dank. Its more like im smelling the glass and the seal of the lids. Im using a mason jar that has a separate lid and band so its not one of those jars that are flip top. I think its also because I did not wash the jar before I threw my buds in it. I probably should have.

however, I know my bud is good quality because it gets me so fucked up and the high lasts for damn near 3 hours. I took a couple nuggets out for new years and placed them in just a regular ziplock bag and went out to celebrate later that night. After a few hours of being in the ziplock and out of the jar, they smelled so great... dank and very strong smelling. So that leads me to believe I should have washed my jar or used a different style jar to store them. But hey lesson learned. Not that big of a deal, I was looking forward to opening the jar and just getting knocked on my ass from the smell but next time I will wash the jar or use a different style.

By the way, I only grew one plant, but wasted at least 8 seeds before I was successful, its a part of learning. I should be good for awhile since I am an occasional smoker and truly only smoke maybe once every two weeks or so and whenever I go out to a club.

Initial high starts about 5 minutes or so after 2 or 3 bong hits. The peak high is probably after 45 minutes and stays pretty steady for another 45 minutes to an hour. Then will gradually come down and then I am pretty much couch locked, lol.

I sleep sooooooooo damn good too. Looking forward to grow my next plant but probably not until maybe 4 or 5 months.