White walls or silver reflective?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Beezerk, Aug 25, 2009.

1. My plants are a couple of inches high, I'm going to finish my grow room ready for when they get bigger.
    The room already has a kinda slightly off-white interior, am I better off keeping it like that or using some silver reflective material (silver foil or I have some of that flooring stuff which reflects heat) on the walls?

2. by the sounds of it that would be fine. Foil is more reflective though it really isn't worth the hassle if the room already has a white finish. prob don't want the heat reflective stuff as much as you don't wanna over heat your grow room. What kinda lights are you using?

3. I didn't think of the overheating bit, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I'm using a couple of fluorescents and a couple of cfl's (room is 2ft x 3ft x 5ft). I can add more if required but at the moment (nearly a week old) the plants are growing quite quickly and appear to be very healthy.

Cheers
    Martyn

4. I use mylar. It's great. :hello:

5. nice, i am at a similar point in my grow. my plant must be about 4 days old, still a young sprout. Best of luck with the grow man.

6. Foil actually obsorbs light. Mylar followed by the white plastic sheeting followed by white paint is the order of best to worst for reflectivity. White paint is far better than aluminum foil.

7. Thanks mate.

2 walls and the door are white paint, I only need reflective material on one side.
    Am I ok to leave the door slightly ajar during light hours?