Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

white stuff on weed, wtf?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cg23wolfpack, Dec 27, 2012.

1. #21 lFourTwenty, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2012
    Lmao smoking mold is far more dangerous than eating it? Where did you get that from? Combusting the mold would be more dangerous than eating it? That makes plenty sense. Heat kills mold. It's true. It might not kill all of it, but there's no way smoking it is "far more dangerous" than eating it. It's just not factual.

2. This reminds me of the numerous people that got sick and/or died from bathtub gin during the Alcohol Prohibition. Gotta' love Marijuana Prohibition :rolleyes:

3. If you think your lighter is hot enough to burn through all the mold spores, then it makes little sense. Mold spores are pretty hearty, very resistant to high heat.

Either way, both methods of ingestion of weed can be dangerous, ignoring it because of bro science is ignorant and reckless.

4. True, it could be dangerous, but the statement you made about smoking it (applying heat) being far more dangerous than eating it (without applying heat) is just ridiculous lol.

5. Is one bud worth possibly getting sick? Of course if we knew everything that was in our buds, we would probably be terrified.

One time I got some weed that had white stuff near the top and the guy said it was just burnt from the grow light. I smoked it and I clearly was ok, so im not sure.

6. It sure does. If you eat it it has to go through your digestive system which gives your body a couple chances to get rid of it without it causing a lot of harm, a lot of the time by giving you diarrhea. With smoking it though say the flame kills 99% of the mold spores on the bud you're inhaling and say there is a billion mold spores there which probably isn't too far off. That is still millions of spores you're inhaling into your lungs where it's nice and warm and wet, a perfect place for that stuff to set up shop. Lung infections are nasty business, not something I would personally risk. That's why if you get mold in your house you get that shit cleared out ASAP, but then people eat moldy food all the time.

• Like Like x 1

7. Then I'll succeed that one point, and still contend your original statement was absurd. Sound fair?

8. This, but I'm done trying to argue this point. So I'm just saying that any method of ingestion is dangerous and potentially life-threatening.

9. No. I never said anything that wasn't factual.

10. ...But it's still absurd to suggest smoking weed with mold on it.

11. How about that winter storm?! *changes subject*

12. lol we have to stay on topic with the OP. Turning this into a chat thread will just get it closed, chat threads aren't allowed.

13. To most people throwing away an ounce of weed would seem absurd. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I don't even think it is mold. So OP, you could listen to him and throw an ounce of dank away, or you could scrape that shit off and get baked. I'm not suggesting you smoke mold, but I don't think that is mold anyway.

14. You missed my point.. lol

I wasn't turning this into a chat thread; rather, I was hoping to get you out of a pointless, prolonged argument.

15. the part of the bud that isnt burned that has spores is the really dangerous part. You are pulling the spores into your lungs as you pull on the ENTIRE bowl when you smoke, not just the burnt part. Of course the thing I said earlier still is true with me trusting the dealer that sold to me that his bud wasnt moldy just burnt (a dealer I didnt even know at all but who knew he could sell to me because I smoked with a bunch of other people in a big group that he sometimes spent time with including that day).

16. agreed, it doesn't look like mold.

I know, I was being a smart-ass. :p To also get off this long pointless argument I kinda started :p

17. Acts like health is important.

LOLZ

18. :rolleyes: