white stuff on my bong (help please!)

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by darrelalonzo, Mar 30, 2012.

1. I bought an acrylic bong from a friend for 20 and I decided to clean it just to be safe. I put 70% isopropyl alcohol, iodized salt, and tap water into it and started shaking. Then i did a final rinse with just water. As it was drying I noticed the wierd white spots on my bong. I want to know what this could be and is it safe? if not, is it salvageable and how? I'm kind of a tightwad so i'm desperate to save this thing otherwise i just wasted 20 bucks. Please any help is appreciated. thank you :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Not sure why you'd even spend $20 on that.

3. well it's actually a deal where i live. shit is expensive. 20 dollars would only get me a small little pipe at most smoke shops.

4. IDK what it is exactly, but if its hard water stains vinegar will take care of it.

5. You used alcohol on acrylic. It's ruined. New piece, or deal with it looking shitty.

6. Dude I think somebody busted a nut in your bong

7. This. Alcohol and salt are for glass pieces.

That piece new is worth $20 or less, your friend got your money on that one.

And for $20 I would of rather gotten a spoon from one of your LHS if that's the only glass you can find.

Take it as a lesson learned.

8. Alcohol is what it is. Alcohol. Take 8th grade chemistry before you continue on with the stupidity.

9. When you add water to isopropyl, it turns white.. that could be it... I use my iso and salt on my glass bong only though..

I don't think Iso would fuck up plastic since it's kept I'n a plastic bottle...:confused_2:maybe it's some type of special plastic... Not sure, hope I helped!! I recommend you pick up some glass, you won't regret it :)

10. [quote name='"boobtree"']Alcohol is what it is. Alcohol. Take 8th grade chemistry before you continue on with the stupidity.[/quote]

dont gotta be a dickhead about it. not all of us remember 8th grade chem smartass sorry we are not on your level of long term memory it was just a simple question that needed a simple answer not a blade being a jerk for no reason

11. #11 ProfessorDANK, Mar 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2012
    you are an idiot dont just make shit up and act like you know what you are talking about.... the alcohol reacted with the acrylic and destroyed it learn from your stupidity and dont do that again, I hate when people think they can make assumptions based on no knowledge whatsoever.

12. maybe you should have considered isopropyl alcohol and acrylic might not mix well together? Its common sense

13. I thought this was a forum to help and correct people not to insult and bitch at them for saying something wrong, jeez....

14. [quote name='"ProfessorDANK"']

maybe you should have considered isopropyl alcohol and acrylic might not mix well together? Its common sense[/quote]

not everyone in the world knows this. you cant assume he knew that

15. I agree unless people start bullshitting like they know what they are talking about when they clearly do not.

16. You can tell who the people smoking seeds and stems are, the people raging over minor things. It doesn't hurt to be helpful.

17. He never assumed or tried to bullshit anyone....

18. It's ugly. Oh well. Give it a good rinse and let it dry, check it out, if it doesn't smell or anything then use it. An ugly bong is still a bong. Also, send a bowl to Professor NoWeed. Relax

19. It's pretty common knowledge and this is a forum for adults. This is not the apprentice toker section.

20. Your friend jizzed all over it before he gave it to you lol.