white sprout

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by picklemaster3333, Jan 16, 2017.

1. hey guys first grow my seed finally emerged from the soil and it's white is this normal? please help.

Attached Files:

2. Looks green to me

3. That's light green. And yes its normal.

• Like Like x 2
  4. thanks man! I'm a little concerned now with something else. First grow remember so I'm not as bright on the subject as you all but check this out now the sprout is bending damn near 90 degrees

Attached Files:

5. I wouldn't worry too much, I've had some funky looking sprouts turn into nice plants.

1. Don't water it until the top 1/2" of soil is dry. Make sure your pot has holes in the bottom for excess water to drain out.

2. Don't give it too much light as a sprout, just enough to keep it from stretching. If those are LEDs you're using in the second pic just use a CFL or florescents for a week or two.

3. Don't give any nutrients for first few weeks assuming you're using quality potting soil.

Don't over think it. Sprouts don't need much attention at all. Sometimes doing less actually does more..

Soil looks extremely wet still. How often have you been watering it?

6. thanks pistils I don't know I'm I'm replying the right way I'm still trying to figure out the site. All good advice and the soil out of the bad was pretty moist it's about 3 days above soil and I have added water once I have drain holes and yes they are led I'm gonna switch back over right now!!

7. Yes certainly keep them under CFL's the first couple weeks...I use a small 2x2x3 grow tent, and the first 2 weeks I keep 2 plants under four 23w 6500k CFL's...about 3 inches away, then I put them under a 300w LED (139 true watts) and keep a couple 23w CFL's in with it

8. Yeah keep the CFL at least a few inches away, since some can give off a bit of heat, maybe a bit further.

After 2 weeks u could toss it under the LEDs (if they are full spectrum) just make sure they aren't too close, LEDs can easily burn plants if you don't have it at the right hight.

9. Yes be sure to keep the LED 18 inches away as a young plant...minimum distance being 12 inches

10. This actually varies a lot with each make and model of led.

You should look up your specific light and see what distance people recommend that have the same model

11. thanks guys you are all awesome I appreciate all the help. it's looking green but now the sprout is about an inch above the soil and is pretty much bent over 90 degrees. humidity is around 60 temp around 70 cfl about 10 inches away I'll post pictures tomorrow morning hopefully she's happy tomorrow thanks again guys

12. True, u should probably find out specifically wut works for ur exact light...I was just speaking in general

13. she's looking good guys!!

Attached Files:

14. Looking much better. :)

15. Are the light green/yellowish leaves say something or are the fine?

16. Nope it's normal at this point. As it gets bigger (in a few weeks) the two round looking leaves will die off, this is also normal and nothing to worry about. Just let it be how it is, it's happy with the current setup so don't change anything.

17. cool thanks man