White Russian Soil Grow, First grow x 4 seeds

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cronic-illness, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Cheers Doinda for the response, have not been gettin many posts recently :devious:

Maybe thats a good sign cuz things have been going well.

hope things are going well for you.
    do you have a current grow?

2. Yours is now way ahead of mine. Good job, man.

3. im inbetween grows at the moment but you can check out my outdoor in my sig its just getting started

4. Cron things seem to be goin great with your girls keep it up it looks good:D

5. Looks perfect dude, keep it up!

6. cheers mate im on day day25 of my first grow and im lookin at them wondering how i have kept them alive for this long :eek: lol

they are starting to smell pretty nice but still have to put my nose down to get it!

hope they dont stink the appartment out!

not goina bother posting pics till maybe next weekend unless theres a problem cas im just really posting the same pics!

cheers for havin a look

7. cheers mate had a look at urs just there they are nearly at the exact same day of growth mine broke soil on the 17th of feb when was urs??

and urs are lookin great also does look like they were a lil overwatered as someone already said but what do i know, doubt its any kind of major issue anyway gud look with the rest of the grow and keep me updated!

8. cheers man you need giv us an update on ur girls havin seen em in awhile, get sum pics!

9. Can someone tell me how long untill i can tell if its female or not and also how long untill i can start flowering??

maybe herbal remedies you could tell me cas u grew this strain but all thoughts welcome! :hello:

10. these babies work on their own time, usually preflowers will start after about 5-6 weeks. you can flower whenever you want. that depends on what you want out of this grow

11. I dont really know what i want out of this grow basicly all i want is a nice amount of top quality weed for me and my mate to smoke so whats the best thing to do to get the best yeild?

does it work like the longer i veg the more ill get in the end or how does it work? im lookin for as much weed as possible and as strong as possible!

12. yeah man thats the gist of it, the longer you veg the bigger your plant will be, the more bud sites it will have, the more bud you will yeild. if you have time to spare i say veg the hell out of them. i usually veg a couple plants two months or so, instead of having a ton of plants to make up for short veg time (SOG)

if those were my plants, id grow them until they show sex, take the males out, veg them another 2 weeks or so and flower them. i pulled 8 dry ounces off of one of my plants that vegged for 2 months, i also topped it which i recommend to anyone. those are optimal growing circumstances and i was excited. (it was a heavy yielder so i cant take all the credit haha)

hell that plant was in a 5 gallon bucket and 3/4 ft tall before i even turned the lights on 12/12

13. Nice grow!

14. 8oz sounds very nice to me, seems how this is my first grow i would be very very happy with 2oz off a plant but the more the better :smoking:

they are now 28days into veg now so only a month to go! ill be postin up updates on the weekend but the little one has really came on since we transplanted her so stay tuned!

15. cheers mate keep watchin ill be postin updates on the weekend!

16. #96 doindia, Mar 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009

yeah well you dont wanna count from germ or seed because the plant is actually in seedling stage for a solid 1-2 weeks before it enters veg, so maybe if you were counting from the beginning youve been in veg for 2-3 weeks. yeah two ounces is definitely doable then again so is 8 haha but you DEFINITELY dont wanna get your hopes up, like i said half of that weight was due to the heavy yeilding genetics, i was suprised to pull off that much. but with a 400w hps and 4 plants id let them fill in your little cab area nicely. is getting another light an option? during flower id suggest at least getting a box or two of the 26w CFLS to put around/under the plants so light gets all through them. the extra light will really reward you come flower time.

you gonna top these babies?

i just looked at post #1 and compared it to the last set of pics you posted... WOW youve really come a long way from that whispy little 5 inch stretched seedling you had :hello:

17. well we do have a 250w hps that i got but its not for growing its for security lighting so would that do, if not i suppose i could get some cfls cas they is cheap!

As for topping im not really sure what the crack is there when does that get done? and as far i can make out i would cut the center growth and then the 2branches under that cut will then become 2 new main growths so by the end of the grow i would have 2major buds rather than 1?? does that make sense?

Yeh they really have made great progress since they first started out they are flyin along now im goin post some new pics on the weekend but im really happy with them so far!

And im really not goina get my hopes up on how much bud i get as long as i get something!

18. 250 watts of HPS, is 250 watts of HPS, no matter how you cut it, just make sure it is hps or MH and not halogen. but another 100 or 200 watts of cfls would work wonders too.

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/122559-how-fimming-topping-made-easy.html

its simple people are just scared to cut their plant, just go to that how to, check out the pics, walk to your plant, copy the procedure come back 30 seconds later with pictures and increase your yield while doing this less than 10 second procedure :)

19. Ok bit of a big update, and a bit of bad news.
    bad first, moved the lamp closer to them and it burned two of them, one of them pretty badly as you can see in the pics, the other one was not too bad and not noticable in the pics.

Good news, I am nearly 100% sure that we have one female , you can see in the pics below the whiskers, is it a female??? please someone let me know as im dying to know if this has all been worth it.

Also i took pics of a potential male with little green balls. I have highlighted the bits on the pics.

Purple circled is the suspected female :hello:
    Black circled is the suspected male :devious:

Blue circled is the burn on the plants, which happens to be the suspect male!

Ph , the little one as you can see since the repot is flying along.
    His ph is perfect, the others are between 7.0 - 7.2, trying to get that down.
    Have had some luck as 2 of the 3 were @ 8.0 last week.

Let me know what you think

Attached Files:

20. both look female. the one u think is a male looks like it just has leafs comeing out.