White Russian Soil Grow, First grow x 4 seeds

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by cronic-illness, Feb 22, 2009.

1. yes, and they very well could be thirsty, feel free to water daily during veg ESPECIALLY under an hps maybe even twice daily. let your plant tell you what it wants, it will let you know if your over watering.,..:wave:

2. sound man thanks very muh for that i have raised the light and i was already thinkin about giving them more water so ill go ahead and do that now!

Cheers for the help

3. nice keep us posted

4. Hi,

I have upped there water since today, let me know what you think on the fact that they look a bit yellowy, they seem to be coming along well apart from that :D

Sorry my mistake, i have one concern about the one whos developing fastest, he seems to have a bent stem/or growing at the wrong angle? what does this mean?

We did have to move the soil higher and prop them up for a day or so as they all fell over in there pots on the first day of light, as u can see from the first page pics

Cheers

Attached Files:

5. More pics ...

PS this post and the last one are from yday

Attached Files:

6. :smoke::smoke:More pics these are from today

Attached Files:

7. 12day after breaking soil:

Let me know what ye's think, i think they are comin on great so far apart from the small bit of yellowing on some of the leaves but i think they still look healthy!

Let me know you opinions or suggestions!

8. everything looks good id give it another day or two but it looks like (by the node spacing) that you could lift your light up another few inches. make the plant stretch a little for the light. perhaps just something to keep an eye on

9. Cheers m8, delighted there looking well, is the yellowness normal?

Yes we will move it up a few inches once they come out a bit more.

Cheers for the advice again mate

dolinda have you got a grow journal?

10. good stuff, ye ill post up more pics in a few days and see what you think!!

cheers for the help

11. Cant be more than a week away from nutrient time me thinks. when the third set is fully grown right?

12. hey cronic, y the name change ? he he, lost my internet there for ages so aint been able to check in or update my own, things are looking great, 1 question, Why is one plant in such a smaller pot ? ... also why is lowered down so much, if you have to use the smaller pot for the time being, raise it so the plant is at the same distance away, that way you'll minimise stretching and keep a more even canopy :)

13. Cheers Grim,

I have the small one propped up on something, thats just in that pic.

Does anyone hve any ideas on the bendy stem? am worried because hes my best developer always has been.

14. it seems as if its just bending under its own weight, nothing wrong with this, first time i grew, none of the plant could support their own weight at the start .... do u have any fan or something like that blowing over them, this strengthens the stems as it acts like a normal breeze the plants would undergo in nature.

Also are you rotating the plants at all ? Turn the plants so that under phototropism the plant straightens itself uprights, if need be you can always stake it.

This plant hasnt recieved any damage right ? the bending is natural ? How far are you lights currently ?

15. Lights are roughly bout 2 feet away mate, we had to move it a bit up as we had the hps to close.

natural bend i tink, well what happened was they were dying for water on the first light cycle, we didnt know and they fell over. we have got them back on track tho? look at the pics of them fallen over and stretched on the first page, is this likely to have long term problems for them???

16. i see on yer first page u said youve a fan blowing on em now .... what kinda fan is this ? Wow they had some serious stretch going on didnt they lol Repotted well, and yup they seem to have recovered well. I would think the bending is natural alrite, keep turning the plant so that they have to straighten back up to the light this will straighten out the stems istelf.

2 feet ? y so far away ? Theyre starting to hit the vegetative state now, personally i like the lamp as close as possible, provided the room temp is suitable of course. I generally keep my 400w about a foot away, sometimes a bit closer, with a fan blowing of the top of the plants to remove heat constantly. After all, you want bud not lumber, so u want em as short and squat as their willing to grow, so as much bud gets light as is possible.

17. They were showing signs of heat stess, the leaves were turning up, we had it real close to them for a while. cheers for the advice on the bendy stems will be turning them from now on. they have just entered the darkness :O.
    I had to increase there water a good bit, pretty sure i was underwatering them, since moving the light a bit away and doubling the water(only a day and a half ago) the leaves are definetly straighter.:D:D

Oh yeh i want as much bud as possible

, what do u think on the nutrients m8?

18. Do you mean which nutes to get or when to add em ?

If u mean when to add em, well my opinion differs from some people. Its my opinion that they want nutes asap. Add a very light nute mix, then water for two days, then nute, then water etc gradually upping the dosage that they take according with how their responding.

Alot of people think you should wait till their a bit older before adding nutes, however i havent found any detremental effects from adding low dosages early, and monitoring their responces.

19. Im not sure when to start either, im going to have a think about it.

Well i mean more so how to give them to the plants.
    Currently I water with a 2L bottle full of water at 8am - 8pm, with a bit of misting aswell at both times.

Should I just mix a small ammount of the nutes in with there daily watering ???
    Do i have to check the ph of the mixture before giving it to them???
    Do I have to check the ph of the run off water from the plants or from the soil in the pots?

Nutes are on thing that have been confusing me, damn im a newb at all this :/

20. When u say small dosage at first do you mean a 1/6th portion the first time?
    Ive already decided to give the green pot one the small one, the nutes first, then wait three days to give the other three nutes to see if he reacts badly.