White Romulan (The White x Romulan) BAGSEED Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by cshood45, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Thanks Dr.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Quick update...a real man admits his mistakes. I accidentally dropped an entire Exhale CO2 bag on part of the plant when trying to hang it. I'm very mad at myself.

I haven't gotten pictures yet, but one of the lower nodes (3-finger leaf) and a nice growth tip on that node were snapped almost completely from the main stem. The area is too small to put tape on.

I tried to support it and tie it up, but overnight the leaves from that area were shriveled up and appeared to be dying. The rest of the plant looks to be nice and healthy still.

I cut the broken area the rest of the way off, and am attempting to clone it.

Will my 3 legged plant be okay?

3. #23 cshood45, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    The more I think about it, some people do HST/pruning. The part that broke then later removed by me, would've been lower on the plant and removed if I was to do some pruning, right?

Am I essentially helping my plant send energy to other parts, just very early in the process? Again, I will post pics tonight when I get home.

4. #24 cshood45, Aug 22, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    Here is the pic of where the break happened, I cut it off and am attempting cloning for the first time. 20180821_211936.jpg

5. Any suggestions on the broken area? Just leave it open and dont mess with it? Will anything grow back in that area?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Can't help u but have subscribed your thread...keep us posted

• Like Like x 1
  7. She will be fine man. I drop shit on my girls all the time. The last one I did, I tied one of the main branches down pretty solid, it took off over night and ended up actually splitting that quarter of the plant nearly all the way off, this was like 1 week into flowering as well but I filled it with honey, supported it and BAM! she took off and even though she was barely holding on, that part of my plant produced some of the finest smoke, I thought it was dead too but turns out it's weed and can take a Hell of a lot. And in fact hst and super cropping which I recommend to look into, is actually a way to increase potency in some strains

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm hoping so! The plant has stunted growth and yellowing leaves on the bottom almost like a nitrogen deficiency, but the newer growth has yellowing tips.

On the 3rd week of veg, after letting the broken area heal for a few days, I flushed the system with RO water, 4ml/gal calmag, and started with my 3rd week feeding schedule, which called for 8ml/gal micro (I used 6ml/gal), 15ml grow (I used 12ml/gal), and 5ml bloom (I used 3ml/gal). I'm wondering if I still put too much for the age of the plant (29 days from seed today).

pH has been monitored and adjusted to 5.9-6.0 throughout. PPM/TDS meter will be here in a couple days.

I'm not sure if the plant has a lot of shock from the water change and plant damage, or if I'm running into nute deficiency or nute burn.

Yesterday I put just a small amount per gallon of hydrogen peroxide. Today the newer growth looks a nicer shade of green, but the tips are still a bit yellow. The older fan leaves have been shriveling up and I've been plucking them as they die off.
    20180824_094308.jpg 20180826_002511.jpg

9. Have you seen your roots lately? Whats your temps in water look like? Seems you may be having issues below?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

10. #30 cshood45, Aug 27, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    Roots are white with a tint of tan. Ive noticed the Micro nutes from a few different brands cause root discoloration, and root rot appears quite a bit darker than what im dealing with. I noticed that If I move some hydroton aside, I can see nice fresh white roots forming at the very bottom of the stalk as well.

This hydro setup isn't DWC, meaning roots dont reach the res. Its more like a continuous flow style. Water temps were at 81f the other day, but I've gotten the temps down to 76f since then by turning the water pump flow rate up, and adding plenty of airstone to help with DO.

No slime, algae, or foam is in res. Water smells good, no off colors.

The 81f res temp is why I tried small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Air temp doesnt go over 80f with lights on. Humidity stays at 45-55% The grow area has a CO2 bag inside as well.

11. #31 cshood45, Aug 28, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    The newer growth is looking a lot better tonight. I'm going to keep a close eye on it as always, but looks like everything I've tried is working so far!

I'm coming up on a month in veg stage. I was planning to switch to flower at 30 days, but I think the best choice would be letting the plant heal and show some steady growth before switching over. I'll keep everyone posted. Thanks for any previous and continued input, you guys here at GC are awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Thanks a bunch man! She was looking sick the past week, so seeing her tops like this last night made me extremely happy. I think I'm on the road to recovery!

• Like Like x 2
  13. get you a little bottle of great white.

• Like Like x 1
  14. #36 cshood45, Aug 29, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    I listed it in my materials on the first couple of posts here on my journal. I have been applying it since I transplanted into the hydro setup.

I didnt apply it during the flush this past weekend because I used hydrogen peroxide, which I heard could kill off the beneficial bacteria. Thanks for the input!

15. #37 cshood45, Sep 4, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Quick update, plant is doing great and has been healing since the issues I had. Res temp is under control!

I got my TDS meter in (HM Digital TDS-4TM). Made sure to calibrate it with proper solution and proceeded to test some tap, distilled, and RO water to see the readings fluctuate.

Took the first reading of my reservoir, took it again to double check...1450ppm! Keep in mind the plant was thriving and healing great while I had no idea how strong my mix was up until I got the TDS meter. I diluted the mix down to 860ppm to be safe.

My friend that has growing experience specific to this strain said that White Romulan is very nutrient hungry and will take whatever you throw at it, she gets it from her momma (Romulan).

I'm going to keep an eye on the PPM fluctuation to see how much food she really wants. The new growth each day is telling me she loves the higher PPM, although I may be wasting nutrients with as much as I have been using, but my roots aren't going to ever be submerged in the water which allows for a little play. 20180903_190818.jpg 20180903_190824.jpg

16. #38 cshood45, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    Just figured I'd document it, I flipped to 12/12 exactly 2 days ago. Probably a bit early, but I wanted to make sure I could manage the growth in my area. 35 days in veg isn't horrible!

The plant is looking wonderful. I will be draining the res and starting the transition with nutrients tonight after work.

This means female vibes only from this point forward please! Wish me luck!

17. I may have found my first preflower, but would like to confirm with more experienced people here on GC.

It appears to have TINY pistils coming out of the "preflower", I used a 10x loupe to see the pistils.

I know I should wait to confirm, but this is very exciting to see 5 days into flowering, considering I switched to 12/12 rather early.

Sorry for the weird picture, used my phone camera to look through the loupe for the picture. 20180908_132611.jpg

18. From what I can tell, it is a girl

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1