White Replacement Theory

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Vicious, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Why do you identify with Vikings? I'm of Germanic descent, but don't identify with Hitler. Not saying the Vikings were worse than Hitler, but they did have some conquest, pillaging and other questionable-type stuff going on back then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have Dutch, Scottish, British and likely German ancestors but the bottom line is we all came from Africa including native Americans and Mexicans by way of Asia. So why can't we all get along?

We Are All Africans | DiscoverMagazine.com

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. #244 VikingToker, Jul 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    Wow, turns out that you are that stupid. Every culture has something questionable in it's lineage if you go back far enough.

Are you the kind of leftist who think we should boycott the Minnesota Vikings, too?

upload_2019-7-23_14-12-23.jpeg

buncha white supremacists! :laughing: What about the Avengers, Thor is a literal Viking war god, racism!

[​IMG]
    Nazi!!!!

Me for having a Viking in my profile name and arguing against racism does not make me a racist .People like you have dangerously cheapened the impact of the term 'racist' by pissing it out at anything you vaguely don't like.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Maybe you can get some slaves to row that big boat to your imaginary race war.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Good to see you agree its imaginary!

I'll start with you :laughing: Row, weakling

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. It takes her about 7 min. to get to the crux of the message as she explains how she has 1st hand experience of racism... If you can stand her (she does ramble some) there is a lot of insight here that you likely have not thought of or heard before.. i'm sure most agree that racism is being used by both sides of the isle to distract from REAL ISSUES and IT is not the source of the problem...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. This is what the fascist propagandist in its glory days was publishing -

[​IMG]

Add the the crescent moon and we're good to go for round two.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. What fucking nonsense are you talking about? I don't identify with the Boogieman, it's just a screen name. What really has you all triggered and buthurt this time?

You should change your name to dodo bird. How about American Indians, when you think of them do you immediately think oppressed by the white man, or do you think about somebody getting marched up a podium, stabbed in the chest and heart pulled out and held high until it stops beating?

• Like Like x 5
  9. It was a pretty long video but worth watching. She made some excellent points. I can't say I haven't thought of those points before but I certainly haven't heard a liberal making them lately or if they did they weren't nearly as even handed or convincing. I appreciate you posting it.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Kim isn't your garden variety liberal, sometimes their tweets piss her off so much she has to stop logging on awhile... Also there are many varieties of liberals as well as progressives... it amazes me how anyone can be split in so many shapes and colors and keep track of what they like and don't... Some on this board brought me to this startling realization.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Yeah, there's no way I could keep track of what I like or don't like. I think our political persuasion may be similar to sexual orientation, we are what we are, it's not something we chose although I do think we can ignore the inner voice and lie to ourselves at times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Pleasantly surprised to see you post something like this. It's a message I've been echoing for a couple of years now - and as you see, still get attacked as a racist for it.

I hope you continue to propagate this message in leftist circles. Both of the following are problems, but just as the right abuses problems with migration to stoke fears and assert control, so does the left abuse racism to stoke fears and assert control.

We should be conscious of how we are being manipulated.

• Like Like x 3
  13. I like the way you put that.

• Like Like x 3
  14. She probably is garden variety, the problem is the extremes get the attention.

The story is that America is super divided, meanwhile in your everyday neighborhood, supermarket, church, bar, etc, people get along just fine.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I do too.

The battle of ideas is occurring in our centers of "knowledge" I.e. colleges, universities or what have you, where the left has been more effective at spreading its ideology. They aren't as stupid as the right thinks (at least the older generation of the extreme left).

The problem for the left, in my estimation, is that being 'progressive' doesn't mean much unless there is a particular heading/goal, because you cannot progress in two directions at once.

For instance, plenty on the left are pro-free speech, but if the progressives get their way, there will be compelled and banned speech, so it will eventualy alienate itself by self-isolation. You cannot serve two masters so the movement of progressivism will splinter itself into obsolescence.

I just hope they don't create a strong radical right before it implodes itself.

• Like Like x 4
  16. I think there's something really basic about bigotry that just about everybody on all sides of the political spectrum never discuss.

Racism/bigotry is pandemic. It exists in all cultures that come into contact with other cultures. It's what anthropologists refer to as a 'cultural constant.' There aren't very many cultural constants, but they include things like the general prohibition against incest, the desire to protect and nurture children, and the general prohibition against murder. I say 'general prohibition' because there are a few bizarre exceptions to the rule
    like royalty marrying kin, or Innuit strictures regarding murder. (In Inuit culture, if you murder someone you take over all of their responsibilities including doing their work and raising their family.)

The problem I have with the endless bickering about "who is the REAL racist here," is that EVERYBODY is. It is impossible to look at someone without noticing what color they are, or their gender, or what religion they are. That's called pattern recognition, and it's what humans are best at. Our brains are built for it. The real problem is when people only recognize it in others, not themselves. It's not wrong to recognize differences. It's drawing conclusions based on those superficial differences that's wrong. And it's wrong to believe that you are free of it.

Like I said, it's a cultural constant. Who do people in Thailand hate? Vietnamese. (or did, in 1978. I dunno what it's like there now.) Iranians hate B'hai B'rith, Israelis and Kurds, in that order. Indians don't like Pakistani, and vice versa. It goes all around the world and in every culture. Brazilians hate Venezuelans (or is it Argentinians?) and Guatemalans don't like Mexicans.

The stupid thing to do is to search for reasons to hate specific groups. Christ, people are awful enough as individuals -- there's no need to put anything extra on top!

The hard thing to do is to rewrite the script in your head, but that's what most people need to learn to do. When they do, they recognize that their visceral distrust of groups of people is not a realistic view, so they scoff at the stupid stereotypes, and seek to see people as they are.

That's a tall order but it's worth it, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I think you're generally right - but don't think it has to be a cultural constant - we Norwegians used to hate the Swedes, when they occupied us, but now we have our independence and get along really well with our neighbors over there.

I also think something important is lost in the 'we're all racists' mindset. I think there's a real marked step up in evil from seeing someone with a different skincolour and recognizing that it's a different skincolour - as you point out, and I agree, these things are impossible not to notice -

but to then change how one treats that person because of the skincolour, or even worse advocating for laws that say people of skincolour X should be treated in different way Y - that's a big difference. That's "real" racism, to me, and should be both taken seriously and combated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Norse you’re literally just describing political coalitions. It’s not any different on the right. Pro business guys have to make a pact with social conservatives even if they don’t necessarily agree. Any political coalition is going to require people to get into bed with others they don’t agree with. Also your premise is fundamentally flawed in that it assumes Dems are the only ones who want to regulate speech. Recent polls find about half of Dems and about a third of republicans and independents want to ban hate speech. This is because political coalitions have a very broad set of ideas and people are willing to overlook certain issues to support other political issues they find more important. I’m not in favor of banning hate speech but I am in favor of Medicare for all/public option, 15 dollar minimum wage, marijuana legalization, stronger Wall Street regulations, and a whole host of other policies that are only going to happen with democratic control.

19. That was just an example, and of course ANY talk of politics is a generalization.