white mold?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by 420maus, Nov 10, 2011.

1. What's up GC :wave:
    Got a little mold and was wondering if this will effect the rest of my grow and if so, how can I resolve this issue? I'm about 4-5 weeks into flower and noticed this about maybe a week or 2 ago and noticed that it hasn't really spread. I got two close ups of the rockwool, 1 shot showing health of roots, 1 showing some signs of stress on the leaves (but that's only on about 2-5 leaves) and a pic of the overall health of the plant. Any other details can be asked or found in my journal in my sig. Thanx in advance and feel free to follow my first grow :wave:

Attached Files:

2. I dont know what it is or where to start but if it were me id try some H2O2. Good luck!

3. On a side note it could
    Somehow be mycorrhizal fungi. And the leaves could just be an abnormal grown leaf. Its does happen sometimes.

I could be totally wrong, but im juss trynna help.

4. [quote name='"SeanDawg"']I dont know what it is or where to start but if it were me id try some H2O2. Good luck![/quote]

How do u do the H2O2 application? First time grow so I'm kinda new to this problem. Someone also said that it could be nute build up also. But i gotta check if they are actually hairs or hard crystalized type things.

5. Apple Cider vinegar kills mold on contact and you can get it organically. Water that shit down. Mold and Fungi both die. Spray just before lights out.

6. [quote name='"drhell2pay"']Apple Cider vinegar kills mold on contact and you can get it organically. Water that shit down. Mold and Fungi both die. Spray just before lights out.[/quote]

How much do i water it down? And what do I use to spray it, a regular spray bottle?

7. you would have to add it in your resivour. i have never heard of this method, but you can use apple cedar vinegar to raise your pH. not too much, though.

i would go with the H202.

your root zone is infected quite badly with Botrytis. Botrytis can cause pH to rise, therefore causing the twisting of leaves. treat with H202 immidiatley, im surprised it hasnt spread to your entire plant already.

8. [quote name='"OSUBuckeyes"']you would have to add it in your resivour. i have never heard of this method, but you can use apple cedar vinegar to raise your pH. not too much, though.

i would go with the H202.

your root zone is infected quite badly with Botrytis. Botrytis can cause pH to rise, therefore causing the twisting of leaves. treat with H202 immidiatley, im surprised it hasnt spread to your entire plant already.[/quote]

I dunno if that is it cuz every time I top off my res I have to add ph up to get it to 5.8. And I've read too many ppl with dwc adding h2o2 and getting worse results with slimy roots. I am leaning toward it being salt build up because it isn't spreading and i am using rockwool. Also, my roots don't smell like they're rotting. They don't even smell at all. They are still a nice whitish cream color and she is sucking up water like normal. And the leaves aren't twisting either.
    If i do go ahead and do the h2o2 treatment, should I do it during a flush or just add it to my nutes? I don't wana destroy beneficial bacteria
    Thanx for ur input and suggestions :)
    If u need to know more about my application, feel free to ask

9. Ya, dude. Apple Cider Vinegar is way better at controlling fungi or mold topically than h202. I would know, here is the mold report from my grow room (which has been fixed).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Like I said spray just before lights out. Test on the lower growth areas of your plant first and wait a day to see how they are impacted. I effectively eliminated mold which was from a basement water problem that infected my grow. I had to remove Sheetrock entirely but the spores remained for quite awhile in the air in heavier numbers than normally exist.

Water it down a tablespoon for 3 cups of water in a regular spray bottle. This is for foliar spraying ONLY, not for your hydro system.

As far as using H202 or hydrogen Peroxide in your water or on your roots, that is a temporary solution, will help in the short-term and won't work in the long run.

This site is alphabetically ordered, scroll to R - Root Rot for more information. Read up on that whole part.

Cannabis Problems & Symptoms | Growing Marijuana | Grow Weed Easy

If you're roots are fine, then ya, don't put h202 on them anyway....also some nutrients do dye roots and make people think you have rot when you don't.

10. Wow great job drhell.
    Im dont grow in hydro so i really dont know, more like just trynna help. Good info!

11. #12 420maus, Nov 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
    Ok, got some better pics and a shot of the cover I made. And also some shots of the pistols to see if this helps diagnose the situation. Some pistols are beautifully white while some are kinda brown on the tips and not as long. Idk if its related or not.

Doc, I've was reading that site last night LOL. Do u think I could stick w/ GH and use the FloraShield? And what about the salt build up theory?

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/florashield.html

And thanx for trying dawg :)

Attached Files:

12. your roots have tons of sludge on them. i would use a temporary solution of H202 or you can use the apple cider vinegar in your resivour, whichever you decide. try the apple cider vinegar first as im curious to hear your results. i have only ever used H202 for a problem like that.

13. Is this the right stuff? Or Does have to say organic?

Attached Files:

14. That's fine. I don't think I would use that on my roots, however I would foliar spray the leaves with issues with it yes.

Roots need to be free of "slime" or sludge. Let me get my resident DWC expert in here, R076. He'll know exactly what to do.

He knows his shit in DWC.

15. [quote name='"drhell2pay"']That's fine. I don't think I would use that on my roots, however I would foliar spray the leaves with issues with it yes.

Roots need to be free of "slime" or sludge. Let me get my resident DWC expert in here, R076. He'll know exactly what to do.

He knows his shit in DWC.[/quote]

Thanx doc, I would greatly appreciate it. I wana nip this in the butt before it gets worse or I do anything that'll make it worse.

My leaves are fine though, except for the pistols that r brown. Or should i foliar spray anyways as part of my regular feeding schedule?

16. Hey Maus , sorry to hear about your problem, let's try to resolve it together. Can you provide your current environmental data (RH,T,PPM,PH, solution temp as well if you can).
    Do you clean your DWC system ,it yes ,then how often and what chemicals do you use?
    Also what kind of air pump and air diffuser do you use?

17. [quote name='"RO76"']Hey Maus , sorry to hear about your problem, let's try to resolve it together. Can you provide your current environmental data (RH,T,PPM,PH, solution temp as well if you can).
    Do you clean your DWC system ,it yes ,then how often and what chemicals do you use?
    Also what kind of air pump and air diffuser do you use?[/quote]

Wow that was fast :)
    Yes I clean my res. Once a week and with 3.5% h2o2 from the store. Now that I'm writing this, I remember that i haven't been washing the air stone these past couple of weeks :/
    I made my own res out of styrofoam and lined it with a plastic material used for bathrooms to act as a cooler since I live in a hot environment. The lid isn't air tight but it is light proofed. Attached are pics of all the data u need. I showed f and c (don't know which ur more familiar with) air pump says Whisper 10 under it. Paper is the air stone. And thanx again for responding so quick

Attached Files:

18. [quote name='"RO76"']Hey Maus , sorry to hear about your problem, let's try to resolve it together. Can you provide your current environmental data (RH,T,PPM,PH, solution temp as well if you can).
    Also what kind of air pump and air diffuser do you use?[/quote]

I forgot to mention that the ph fluctuates from 5.3 to 6.3
    The ppm starts at 978 at the beginning of the week and is currently at 385 after topping off once a day since Sunday.
    And my water temps never go over 72f. They do drop to mid 50's cuz I put a frozen water bottle in the res when i change it to drop the temps down.

19. LOL, sorry about Elvis, he left the building. Sent me a PM which was indicating he was very very very very very well in the bag with his own homegrown, haha. Hopefully he'll return tomorrow...high bastard! Haha.