White mold/stuff on bottom of stem/soil.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by markjonesss, Nov 10, 2012.

1. WHAT UP BLADES :wave:

I'm here again with my silly problems.

So, i keep very close attention to my plants, of course. This shit just popped over night. I think. .....

Anyways.

I don't assume any specific's are required... but if you need any information about how i do things, please let me know.

I appreciate any comment/help!!

Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. really need to know if this is harmful and if i need to treat this. this medicine is for my father and grandfather.

pleaseeeee responses!

3. damn that shit looks aggressive! I believe if you keep growning contitions for that stuff the way they are, your plant is gonna get killed.

Id try to increase airflow/lower humidity, get rid of all these dead leaves laying around (that shit is way too messy, no wonder you got fungi!), scrape off all of that fungus that you can and hit it with alcohol, careful not to get more than a few drops into the soil.
    it may be a good idea to get a real fungicide, too.

4. ya, i'm planning to hit it with some fungicide of sorts

and i'm confused as to how you would know anything about my growing conditions?

the leaves are fine where they are.

thanks for the response!

5. WHAT IN ZEUS' BALLS IS THIS SHIT?!?!?!?!?! hopefully the fungicide i have will help. bleh.

i really don't wanna lose my plant/plants. growing is my life.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bleh

6. #6 baumeister, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2012
    I know stuff about your growning conditions just by looking at that picture. fungi like that only grow in high humidity I believe and rotting leaves definitly are a great place for fungi to grow. outdoors mulch is a great thing, but indoors you want to keep things clean. youre unlikely to create a good environment for the good critters anyways. why would you say the leaves are fine there, when youve obviously got a problem with fungi? xD
    the main thing for you to do is not to kill that visible white blob, but to fix your grow room so the general growing conditions (temperature, humidity, food) dont allow for such fungi. theres dehumidifiers, but i dont know anything about those. I would probably set up an oscillating fan inside your grow room and think about upping the exhaust fan(s).

edit: your pot thingy has very high edges. I bet theyre cutting off airflow to the base of your plant, meaning theres a puddle of water-saturated air sitting in there all the time. get a fan and trim those edges!

7. you do indeed raise some good points. i'll be cutting those edges down a bit.

leaves stay. lol. i'm just following the example of the cultivation editor of skunk magazine on that one. i figured out the mold came from the stem where i defoliated a bunch recently and i probably didn't wash my hands good enough.

looks like i'll be trying my best to scrape up the change for a dehumidifier... i was hoping that i wouldn't need one throughout the winter. i hate money.

8. What ever happened? Did you lose the plants?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app