Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

White Lighters?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MountainJew, May 11, 2010.

1. yeah you frick, i came as i am

2. i, personally, do not use white lighters. The single time me and my friends used one it got dropped into a small stream and stoped working. The only time ive ever had a lighter get fucked up on me.

Also, my friend got one confiscated from him at the airport.

3. Extolling rumors as hard truth, are we? You're a real winner.

4. I heard about this about four years ago... A very close friend started this (supposedly)
    Actually, I'm shocked it made it out this far.

5. Sure it's a bunch of hocus pocus but Ive seen enough shit personally and through close friends that I'd rather not chance it. I don't use white lighters. I don't even like the use the wrapped ones because most are white underneath.

6. I have heard this, but I use white lighters. Not many other people buy them, so I always know which one is mine. I pull the safety and the sticker too.

7. Personally I have never ever ever ever heard of white lighters being bad luck...I went a whole summer with just black and white lighters...no problems...however the yellow lighters...my only time ever being busted was from my mom...and I was using a yellow lighter at the time...I won't smoke with a yellow lighter...if rather just not get high if that's the case...a previous poster said that he would show someone bad luck...why? Wtf dude if someone doesn't want to smoke you have NO right to pressure them into smoking...it doesn't matter if its because they don't want to break the law, worried about getting caught, don't like smoke, or believe in a superstition...its their right as a human being to do what ever the **** they want. And now to my 2nd order of business...which ever mod moved this thread...they are abusing their power...and should have their powers revoked. I don't care if you've been smoking for 1 min or 999999995187348925869999 years...you have the right to your own opinion, and therefore have the right to post this in the seasoned tokers section if you damn well feel like it. I was under the impression that we were fighting for the FREEDOM to smoke marijuana, the OP has the RIGHT to FREEDOM OF SPEECH. So I think this thread should be moved back to the seasoned tokers section.

8. But i love my yellow lighter...you know what gets smokers busted?

Number one cause, being a dumbass, closely followed by "dickhead" cops who, most of the time, are just doing their job..

ANYWAY, white and yellow are sweet because you can easily see how much butane is left. Ever think maybe white lighters are the most common hence more people get busted with them? sorry if someone said this already.:eek: and yeah I know i'm a prick.

9. My guess, is shit happens all the time to weed smokers, everything just stands out when a white lighter is involved, if shit went down and you were holding a bong big deal, if shit went down and you were holding a white lighter it was all superstitious shit. :p im high

10. Yea I used to have a white lighter, it worked like every other bic lighter in the world, then it died, like every other bic lighter in the world.

/thread

11. I have heard of white lighters being bad luck before but i currently have one. I also have been told that Jimi Hendrix only used white lighters. Can anyone confirm this?

12. Dude, this kid I knew used a white lighter and got testicular cancer, DON'T DO IT!!!!

13. someone call the bic corporation and ask them for there sales figures on witch colored lighters are more popular and witch sell more, if white are the most popular witch kindof seems to be then of course more people get busted with them, i never buy lighters, i just ues ones left in my car/cars apartment or my hand if there idiots cause im like a ocd lighter thief without even realizeing it

14. but ya i never keep a yellow lighter for long

15. Personally I like the pink or purple variety of Bic, I rarely see them in seshs so I feel special (I buy them in packs of 5 at No Frills :) ) and Eddie its which.

16. I'd really like a white lighter. White is my favorite color and I have yet to see one. And I am not superstitious at all. I have only seen black, blue, green and red. We have very few colors.

Sammy

17. Brown lighters are the best.

Orange is a close second.

18. #38 BongRipz420, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    "The real history to the white lighter myth and why they are unlucky is based on four famous and revolutionary musicians of the second half of the 20th century. Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrex, Janis Joplin, and Kurt Cobain were all left-handed, all died at the age of 27, and all their autopsies reported that a white bic lighter was found in their pockets" - Urban Dictionary

19. The white lighters in their pockets is a complete rumor. Unless you can produce proof that they did, it's pretty much safe to say its bullshit.

20. I think it's bullshit too, i forgot to add quotes and source. Came from Urban Dictionary