White Lighter

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by bluntsandbooty, Jun 5, 2014.

1. so i know everyone has heard about having a white lighter is bad luck. I dont believe it but i want to know how it got its story. i know about the artist who died that had a white lighter on them, is there anymore stories?

2. The other day at the gas station I asked the clerk (who seemed like someone who would appreciate the question) why they were selling a bunch of white lighters, in a joking manner, and that led to him telling me that the whole thing has something to do with the 27 club and Jimi Hendrix using them. I haven't verified that but I can see how that would have started the story.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #4 0ri0n, Jun 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    I only buy white lighters, Or I peel the label off and leave them white. My luck seems pretty good but I'm not 27 yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. only time i got caught by the cops involving marijuana i had a white light on me...

• Like Like x 1
  5. The day my mom found out I smoked I had a clear lighter on me. It wasn't white obviously but I feel like the proximity of the color was close enough and stuff...

Toking is glam as shit

6. I was using my friends white lighter....

Cut myself while chopping peppers bleeding to the point I have to go to the E. R.

Get stuck with a needle in the cut to numb it worst pain in my life, told the doctor nevermind just tape it up.

Go to sleep near by on a road thats normally quiet get a cop tapping on my glass with lights, tow truck, another Ranger. Scared me half to death get talked to and he stays around for aout an hour.

Finally the Cop and everyone leaves. I wait 30 minutes and roll me up a joint to try to get back to sleep. I spark it up with a white lighter smoke it half way and another cop rolls up.. ..

Scares the living creep out of me but they were cool.

I actually forgot i was using a white lighter . Threw it as far as possible.. I will never use one again. Its been a year since i seen cops. All the sudden 4 cops one night after using white lighter. Not a coincidence.

7. Were you sleeping in your car?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yes. But ive been going to this location for 2 years. Never been questioned or bothered.

9. Its impossible as EVERY lighter is originally white. Your just not digging deep enough.

10. Lmfao.

In my area the Yellow Bic Lighter is the bad ju ju one.

11. Just checked my stash . Had one white lighter , threw it away .

12. #13 garrison68, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    Yes, there was a story going around, long after they were gone, that Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison, all died at 27 years old, each with a white BIC lighter on their person(s). It is probably true that all three were twenty seven years old, but the problem is, they all had already been dead for a few years, in 1973, when the first BIC lighters became available.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I'd forgotten my lighter once and a friend said "Here, you can have this one." and he tossed me a white lighter.
    I tossed it back to him and went and got a cheap plastic one.
    I didn't chance it, man.

14. No idea how the folklore of the white lighter started but I do know that the fishermen here in maine take it seriously. You show up at the pier here at the harbor with a white lighter and first the lighter goes in the drink and you soon follow

• Like Like x 1
  15. Are you from the U.K?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. There was a polish ship yard gas cutter that always lit his gas flame with a white lighter ...
    he lasted 3 months..a bit of weld burnt thru his top top pocket
    and melted the lighter(white) and blew him in 2 and killed 3 of his buddies too

moral= avoid white (bic)lighters

in Russia we ain't so color prejudice lol

17. It has been a while since I cut a lighter in half but I think the plastic itself is coloured.

18. Fuck white lighters, over the years I have accumulated many unlucky stories that I believe have been the result of white lighters, from batshit crazy bitches to DUI's a white lighter has always been on me, when times have seem doomed the destruction of said lighters has seemed to repel bad luck caused by the unlucky lighters. That being said I believe "white lighters" aren't unlucky persay but instead are enchanted by the smokers beliefs as I have heard many say white lighter r good luck as well

Sent from my SM-A705W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. A color is neither good or bad luck. It's the same superstitious nonsense that has lead to a lot of innocent black cats being killed just simply for the color of their fur because some tardo listened to religious bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1