White Lighter Theory

Discussion in 'General' started by Cheif, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Ok, so alot of my friends have a passionate superstition against white lighters. I mean like if you bust out a white lighter it will get snatched and smashed on the pavement.

I'm normally not one for beleiving something as stupid as the color of the lighter i'm using having any influence on my life but i've had 4 friends who have been arrested with white lighters and i even met someone from an outside circle of friends who had the same problem with several people......

so if there ever was a place to test this on a broader scale gc be the place. Does anyone else here feel white lighters are cursed???

2. Never had it over here, theres obviously stoner superstitions, but never the white lighter. I used to get a kick out of carrying two clippers - a black and a white one - and calling them the twins. Had them for ages.. Anyway, ramblings.. I have no problem with white ones, infact I have no qualms pinching any lighter during the course of an evening :D

3. nah guy, heard it, seen it...but im not too worried about it...i dont have a record of any kind anyways, so cops dont make me freak out,...lol
    but nah, i dont mind usin white ones..i just nvr buy em..i like colors!:p

4. The supposed reason is that jimi hendrix, janis joplin, and jim morrison all died and had white lighters on them in the autopsy reports.

The more believable story is that cops can see burn marks from covering a bowl much easier on a white lighter.

Either way, its something I picked up long ago and will not use white lighters. I've gone as far as throwing a buddies lighter away and buying him a new one because Im so against white ones... Not really sure why though?...

5. haha its all BS, i needed a lighter for a cig one day at lunch and this kid who i was kinda freinds with gave me a white lighter, i was like w/e and i had it for like 4 months and nothing unlucky happened, sadly i lost it in a friends car, so had to go out and get a new 1. so fucking high :smoking:

6. im very superstitious, but im also realistic with my superstitions. I don't think a white lighter will bring any worse luck, but i never buy one, because if anything bad were to happen with a white lighter, i would immediately blame the lighter, even though deep down i know it had no effect. so, i stay away from white lighters, or ill mark the bottom with a marker or something

7. LOL bullshit. lmfao. :laughing:

8. [quote name='PhishPhood']The supposed reason is that jimi hendrix, janis joplin, and jim morrison all died and had white lighters on them in the autopsy reports.
    quote]

no shit............. you have no idea how fucked up that is to me right now.

9. why? not saying its true at all, but why is that so "fucked up" that its out of the realm of possibility?

sorry, jus didnt understand the way you worded your response

10. I've never heard this before coming here..... but I've never bought them anyway. I usually either buy colorful ones to match my mood at the time of purchase or ones with cool symbols.

Like these.
    [​IMG]

11. Any time my friends got caught or arrested they had a red lighter on them. I'm sure though there have been plenty of people with blue, green, pink, yellow, etc. lighters who have gotten arrested though. Most of the time its just coincidence of having that particular color of lighter on them.

12. i meant the shocking revelation that there is actually a legacy of paranoia following white lighters that goes as far as to involve the deaths of jim morrison, jimi hendrix, and Janis Joplin is pretty fucked up to me when 20 minutes ago i thought this superstitiion was only held by some of my dumbass friends.

13. Cool lighter, dudette. I know its a Cancer lighter as in the starsign (I'm cancer too), but it must be kinda funny having a lighter with 'cancer' on it in the other sense.. Don't you just feel like you're giving the one fingered wave to death sometimes?

14. It is a strange superstition that 99% of smokers have heard and prob 75% of actually follow... I wonder how much truth is really in that story...

15. oh aight gotchya, thought u were saying that it was fucked up as in theres no way that could be true or something.

yea, i dunno if thats true, but if it is, it deffinitely puts white lighters in a whole other ballpark than i thought before... damn when i turn 27 i'll never be seen anywhere near a white lighter... especially since im a musician

16. never will i smoke with a white lighter again no matter how many people tell me it's bullshit. my friend broke my bong the first time i got a white lighter.

one time someone passed me a white lighter in a rotation back when i used to carry markers because i wrote graffiti and i colored that shit straight green and he was like 'wtf dude? haha'.

17. The strange part to me is that my buddy i just got off the phone with who has the most hate for white lighters that i know never heard anything about hendrix, morrison, or joplin. Funny thing is he wasn't remotely shocked by it... he was just like i told ya so.

im by no means convinced that theres anything wrong with white lighters.... but im still pretty amazed by this....

18. yea, i looked online, google'd it, but the only proof i could find was on urbandictionary, which really is no proof at all.

Has anybody found a link that confirms the white lighter theory being present with the famous "forever 27's" ???? because if thats true, i am certainly taking my white lighter superstition to a whole new level. In fact, i have one right next to me that i use minimally, in fact, i've been using matches instead lately lol, but i still use it for bowls... i will deffinitely cut that out if i find out that morrison and hendrix died with white bics

19. those definitions prove the theory to me about as much as henry aslinger proved to me that weed is bad... not insulting you or anything, but i need to see a better source before i beleive that morrison joplin and hendrix died with white lighters on their person.

(ps sorry for the double post... again, anyone find a reliable source stating this/??? im super curious now)