White House Responds to the Legalization Petitions

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Seeds 'n' Stems, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Yeah, but now we've actually got the numbers and are riding a huge wave of momentum as the public gets more educated and sees through the blatant stupidity.

2. I like how this is a response to legalizing in a manner similar to alcohol, and not ONCE did they mention alcohol in that statement. Like alcohol is such a great medicine that it deserves to be legal? Maybe in the eyes of alcoholic politicians. And not every drug needs to be a medicine to be legal. They say that marijuana is addictive, causes lung disease and cognitive impairment, none of which are true by the way (maybe the last one, but not in a negative way). Well guess what? Alcohol causes extreme addiction, liver disease, and definite cognitive impairment (negative). When will our government admit that marijuana is a completely safe recreational drug, when they know it to be true?

3. It will happen sometime brah

4. this government response just shows how corrupt those bastards are

5. #26 AmpedAxe, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2011
    Got the same response yesterday. There are clear logical fallacies in this statement that must be addressed. They imply possible medical uses, but wont loosen regulation to allow solid research to be done, the effects of use they mention, even though they're complete BS, is much milder than the side effects of using perfectly legal drugs such as alcohol and tobacco, and if the Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy is implying any sort of medical benefits what so ever, why on earth is it still listed as a schedule 1 substance? Also, how can a person with years of experience upholding the the same old ignorant laws and spewing the same old ignorant rhetoric(that can't possibly be verified even in favor of their own position because they won't allow the research to be done) possibly be able to respond with an objective point of view that addresses the concerns pointed out in the petition? As long as people like this hold power, nothing is going to change. And things are going to change. Very soon.

6. Right on. Thanks.

7. We need to get the last petition on the site's top ten. I'd love to see that asshole resign after his unworthy response.. I mean it's pretty ridiculous considering all the points being made on the contrary.

8. He talks about marijuana being related to addiction, respiratory disease, and cognitive impairment. Tobacco and alcohol are even worse for you and neither have any medical purposes. I don't have a medical tobacco card, do you?

9. I think what we really need is a petition that refutes all the lies in their official response. They put in all these fancy links at the bottom of it to make it look legit. We need to present our facts in a very organized, lucid, indisputable manner. The petitions we have up now are very open-ended, and leave room for more answers like we just got. I'll start reading some studies to reference...any help would be appreciated.

10. Funny how the guy who wrote Obama's response is the same guy who writes the denial letter to every researcher applying for permission to study the cannabis plant.

I really like the idea of a petition that calls this response bull shit and addresses each of the lies involved.

11. If the weed is legalized, that means DEA (& state + local cops) has more resources to go after those who make & sell methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin. (And that's a good thing in my book.)

Also, as part of any legalization/Federal gov't reform, there should be only one agency in the Justice Department handling all investigative work ...and Homeland Security should be part of the Defense Department.

just 1 blade's .02 worth.

12. Yes, something like that is just what we need, where it takes a small portion of the response, proves it wrong with credible sources, and moves on to the next lie.

13. Nice job NB, I like that.

14. #38 fattmatt, Nov 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
    so this guy gil...maybe the reason why he hates cannabis so much is because he has had family problems with it. Gil Kerlikowske - Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy - WhoRunsGov.com/TheWashingtonPost

and i found out he graduated from my high school, located deep in the "regime."

15. The only problem anyone has ever had with cannabis has been legal troubles. In all the history of mankind and cannabis a cannabis problem never came along until william randolph hearst. I refuse to capitalize his name.

16. Or the school system. They piss test many of the kids now, whom they cannot send to jail or fire of course. So its off to "treatment" with them. Another "voluntary" treatment admission for pot. :rolleyes:

Stats are so easily manipulated, they are almost worthless.