White house responds to claims Chinese pianist played anti-American tune

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dronetek, Jan 25, 2011.

1. #1 Dronetek, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
    This is just sad and is emblematic of how this white house has made America look like pathetic weaklings. A week ago a Chinese pianist played a song at the white house state dinner. It turns out that the song is an anti-American song that is very popular in China. This is how White House spokesman Tommy Vietor responded to questions about the song:

White House Says Chinese Folk Song Played During State Dinner Was Not An Insult; Experts Divided - Political Punch

Beck made a good point about this excuse on his blog. How would Al Shrpton or the media react if "Dixie" was played at an MLK day event? Even if the words were left out, the song would still carry a political message.

Back to the excuse given by the white house. They claimed the song had no words and wasn't political. Lang seemed to confirm this with the Wall street Journal:

Lang Lang Responds to Critics of White House Performance - Speakeasy - WSJ

HOWEVER! In another interview on the radio, Lang was more honest about his intentions:

The obligatory ?Chinese pianist plays anti-American tune at White House?? post « Hot Air

So clearly, Lang was telling Chinese people that "America is weak and its proven by the fact I was able to play this anti-American tune in the white house".

Bravo Obama! Bravo! [​IMG]

2. Does anyone really expect anything less with regards to US relations with China?

To put it succinctly, and in a not so politically correct way, we are China's bitch right now, and probably will be for quite some time in the future.

3. Not a piano melody from an obscure 1950's Chinese war movie?!

Take our country back!

4. Did you even look up the lyrics (which weren't played) before going with your sources word for it that it is "anti-American"? The United States isn't mentioned anywhere in the song. The fact that it was originally written for a movie in which Americans were the "bad guys" does not make it an anti-American song.

Honestly....the petty crap that people like to highlight as some sort of "sign" of Obama being anti-American is ridiculous.

Why focus on this pianist and this song when Michelle Obama was wearing a red dress! A true sign of commie sympathies! :rolleyes:

5. First of all I have seen the lyrics and they do refer to America as a "the jackals". Second, I already addressed the lack of words. Would you be fine with Dixie being played at an MLK event without the lyrics?

the song refers to America as "wolves" or "jackals".

I said it was a sign of his incompetence, not anti-Americanism.

6. [​IMG]

7. They're making America look like pathetic weaklings? How HORRIBLE! We better go invade a few more countries so we can keep that badass image up.

8. hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahha
    hhahahahhahahaahhahahah
    ahahahhahahahahahahhahahahah
    hahahahhahahahahah
    hahahahahha
    hahahhahahahah
    that wolve looks like a weakling hahahahahahahh
    droneteck is off his rocker hahahahah

i love when he makes points that dont make sense and then gets shot down and doesnt respond cause he knows hes wrong hahahahhaha:hello:

9. What point doesn't make sense? Who shot it down? I haven't responded, because the last couple posts offered nothing to respond to.

10. It is quite clear and obvious the intentions of this song being played at the white house.

Think about it, this was planned the chinese gov does not just invite some pianist to play whatever song he feels like playing, this song being played is in their agenda to show the Chinese people their dominance over the Americans through this weak-chinned administration. The Reds plan everything with subliminal and ulterior effects when it comes to foreign policy. This is just horrible, its an insult and a slap to the face with a walmart smiley sticker on it.

Mr.Obama is to Phil Griffin of MSNBC as Comcast is to Hu Jintau of China. I think is a perfect analogy. To the Chinese people, this is just our Glorious Leader inspecting the soon to be Chinese property that is the United States. China our new owners.

This is just appalling and reveals the intentions of the Chinese gov.

11. Is the "Star Spangled Banner" anti-British?

12. Not particularly. It doesn't have lyrics about killing british people. It's about kind of weathering a British bombardment and coming out alive. :cool:

13. Really? They just "weathered" the bombardment? I had no idea that the Americans were so darn passive during the Revolutionary War!

14. Sort of, but I don't know what has to do with this topic.

15. I'm just saying the song doesn't put the death of British troops into detail. The Americans in the song are just sort of getting shot at and at the end of it, the flag is still there.

Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
    What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
    Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
    O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
    And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
    Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
    Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?

On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
    Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
    What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
    As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
    Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
    In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
    'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
    That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
    A home and a country should leave us no more!
    Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
    No refuge could save the hireling and slave
    From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

Notice we leave out most of the song for our anthem. That's where it becomes just a little anti-britsh in nature. Otherwise it's just kind of inspiring, not really naming any specific enemy. :cool:

16. Really? You don't see how it is possible to have a song about victory and pride in one's country that has a basis in war but is not necessarily a statement against the "enemy"?

17. #17 Dronetek, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
    Not when its China in the white house, no. There are no tensions or reason for the Brits to feel intimidated by the US. Also, according to the Chinese blogs they did feel it was a slap in the face to Americans and celebrated it.

18. And ALL of the lyrics were left out in the case of this song being played. It also never specifically mentions "Americans".

19. So the Dixie song wouldn't bother anyone at an MLK rally, because there are no words?

Who else would it be referring to?

20. Lol i dont think they are playing the Star spangled banner for the british PM :D