White House Press Sec Blames "Special Interest" For Marijuana Question

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by 2MuchSkunk2Nite, Mar 26, 2009.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok4OtTz9pMg"]YouTube - White House Press Sec Blames "Special Interest" For Marijuana Question[/ame]

2. #3 Madrid, Mar 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2009
    [​IMG]
    HAHAHAHA GIBBS LETS LAUGH LETS LAUGH.

I am glad that there was some intelligent questioning from the press members. This definately shows Obama wasn't completely supported in what he did.

thank you for this video +rep (oops have to spread around first)

3. That's wonderful . They try to say it's special interest groups driving these poll numbers high so they don't have to admit that it's an issue that actual americans care about . They don't want the ignorant public to know how many people suffer from prohibition .

This bullshit is not even worth thinking about . It's only unnecessary stress . Just try to be careful people and don't get busted ... and keep living in fear of going to prison for flowers .

4. I'm glad those reporters grilled that guy on the issue. The press secretary's responses were ridiculous though. "We're going to drive down demand (for marijuana) by increased funding for treatment and the thorough searching of all railroad cars that cross the border".

A) People don't get addicted to weed. "Treatment", then, is just a waste of tax dollars
    B) Increased surveillance along the border would, at best, decrease supply, NOT demand.

Will these people ever pull their heads out of their own asses?

5. we cant give up now. its all over the press and we even have the
    government
    stuttering.
    in the great words of
    joe
    dirt "keep on, keeping on"
    :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:

6. thanks for posting

7. See this video is a clear showing of how legalization is just a political issue for these people. He was so hesitant to say anything about it at all. He had to studder for 20 seconds before responding to the questions.

Politicians are simply afraid to address legalization and this is why we need to donate to NORML and get those ads circulating. If people get more used to the idea, politicians are less likely to worry about their image when talking about it.

8. Wow, look at him stutter when it comes to this subject! And lol at "Green Jobs."

9. Anyone else notice something on that dudes fivehead? (His forhead is to big to be called a forhead.)

10. this guy got grilled.

11. HAHA , yeah seriously , there must have been atleast a good 6 inches between his eyes and his hairline . Thanks for the humor on this most depressing day .

12. They said over 3.5 million people logged on and voted on these questions. Lets not forget that even MORE people than that are for legalization. There's people all over who dont have internet access...and people who had no knowledge of this website to log on and vote. I didnt know about it until I came on Grasscity this morning. Their polls arent even close to how many of us there actually are...

13. One more thing...as far as the 'treatment' for drug addiction. What a waste...most people who are being 'treated' for marijuana have been 'court ordered' into it cause they got busted with a joint or something and got put on probation.

14. I have stopped smoking for fear of losing my freedom, so i'm gonna be using my freedom to stay proactive in getting this ridiculous prohibition changed. I have my doubts about peaceful negotiation with these people when they frequently brush the issue under the table.

I wonder if there will be a violent revolution eventually if you government continues to ignore the will of the people. Although i suspect most Americans are too comfortable in their controlled lives to actually struggle against oppression.

I myself am guilty of wanting to just give up and ignore that these problems exist out of frustration, but i've decided it won't break my will and i signed up for this site, and i will keep badgering the open question site and informing people about the cause until they can't ignore us anymore.

15. The issue here is that there are too many conservative parties on capitol hill that would not want to risk their salaries of 500k + tax dollars or moreso their jobs to actually sit down and talk about this issue. The press secretary never even said the word "marijuana" rather he refered to any topic on it as "that". They are too scared to even say the word marijuana, which is ignorant, foolish, and cowardly. Unfortunetly we cant expect this matter to be resolved any time soon. The only reason the issue of legalization has been passed is due to the economy, not due to tax dollars going for treatment, prosecution, jail, etc. so all in all, they dont care about it. The only thing that matter to the representatives of our country is money! the same money me and you dish out in taxes, and the same money that goes into their pockets, or worse the pockets of money grubbing corperations like AIG and such that hemerage it out through something else.
    It is unfortunate to see this type of action being carried out by the respresenatatives of our country. Mostly since they are no longer our representatives, that make decisions and take action based upon the feelings and thoughts of the people in this country, rather on their own personal agendas and lobbyist manifestos to gain more profit.

16. Who hired this idiot white house press secretary? he ignores questions like crazy in this clip. thx for posting it tho
    "Why does he oppose it?"
    "he uh uh uh uh uh doesnt uh uh think its uh the right choice for uh america."

17. That's what Obama would have said in that spot too. Just a phony bitch-ass liar. I feel sorry for his kids... Good Christian indeed.

This bitch Obama's about to bring the wrath of God upon himself.

18. After seeing that video, maybe it is was a good thing he did what he did so that our side can get furious. We need to start demanding answers instead of getting pushed aside and laughed at. I am also glad the reporters didn't ease up on him. I wonder if Obama is ever going to have another "open to questions" again....

We need to keep the pressure up and hope thst California gets AB 390 passed. Other states will follow quickly. The numbers are starting to snowball into our favor. Keep it up fellas!

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello::hello: