White House declines petition....

Discussion in 'General' started by Raizor, Jan 12, 2013.

1. How many people were killed in Iraq? Last I knew it was in the hundreds of thousands.

2. ^ irag has had over 1 million

Edit: over 3000 deaths (911) hmm seems legit

3. "The official also said the cost - about $850 quadrillion - was too high."

So much lolz in this when youre high

4. $850 quadrillion is nothing... All you need to do is coin a few thousand trillion dollar platinum coins.

5. This guy created an app that would report every time there was a US drone strike in the middle east killing people, it was shot down by Apple and wasn't aloud to be released to the open market. :rolleyes:

So this guy creates a Twitter page and is working on tweeting every reported drone strike that has killed civilians from 2002-2012 in the Middle East.

It's a crazy, and sad prespective.

https://twitter.com/dronestream

6. No basis for an opinion? Any human with morals should voice their opinion on this matter. If you think you can gain some sort of moral or intellectual high ground from your personal presence in two illegal wars, you're sorely mistaken.

If you think that either war was in any way morally justifiable then is you who is being spoon fed by the media. The "enemy" that you were fighting was of your own government's making; created by the aggressive imperialist foreign policy of said government. Over a million dead civilians from two failed wars, and for what? Some oil? WMDs that didn't exist? Catching a man who wasn't there in the first place? All we have now is more enemies and a middle east that is more fucked than ever before.

And the drone strikes?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Visual statistics for Pakistan:

[​IMG]

Note the large number of children killed... and you wonder why terrorists hate us?

If they had the same rate of collateral in a domestic anti-terror operation there would be outrage, but I guess that white blood is more precious than brown?

7. No basis for a opinion meaning you just read shit, you've probably never been involved with anything bigger then your self. Yes you do have the RIGHT to an opinion, but it has no weight with me. I never said the wars were justified? But i know we would be fighting the enemy one day in the city, the next day we are there giving out food/water shaking hands and shit (hearts & minds).

My government didn't create the enemy, they have been at war with each other in the Middle East for a long time. hating Americans for whatever the reason may be. I can whole heartedly say they have reason to hate us now.

As to the first guy I'm sure there are bad people in the military jussssttttt like any other authoritative organization. But during my 7 1/2 years I didn't meet many men with questionable character. Yeah I knew guys who smoked weed, got duis, got kicked out etc. Still I have never had to question someone's character that I served with during war, I knew they had my back and were morally sound.

You guys think/believe what ya want, to each his own.

8. #28 Malvolio, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    I've never been involved with anything bigger than myself? What's the relevance? You've been a part of two illegal wars that claimed over a million civilian lives and you think that's a good thing?

And yet, at the same time, you have absolutely no idea of the origins of these conflicts, nor the history behind them. Yes, your government created these enemies. The American government funded Osama Bin Laden and his militants (the Mujahideen) in the cold war, giving them large stockpiles of weapons and ammunition to fight the soviets in Afghanistan. Eventually, when the cold war ended, Bin Laden was hailed a hero and left huge stockpiles of weapons, ammo and explosives all over Afghanistan.

After the cold war, afghanistan was in turmoil, with various factions of the Mujahideen fighting for control. However, then came the Taliban, funded by the US, the UK and Pakistan, who took control of Afghanistan started their totalitarian Islamic regime. How did they start and maintain this regime? American money and the large stockpiles of weapons all over Afghanistan, left over from the cold war.

Then came the first Gulf war in which the American government got involved in at the request of their good friends in Saudi Arabia. The presence of American troops in Mecca and other holy areas in the middle east angered Bin Laden, and thus the Jihad begins.

So that's the story of Al Qaeda, the Taliban and Afghanistan. Now you know why Al Qaeda and bin Laden hate the west and why they, along with the Taliban, have the firepower to fight their wars. It was all the fault of your government.

Moving on to Iraq... the story isn't quite as long. Your government wanted oil, they fabricated some intelligence on WMDs and went to war.

9. Lol the relevance lies here, say I never smoked bud (sike) I see it on tv and read about it. But seeing as I've never done it my opinion is worthless. Your on the outside looking in homeboy THAT'S HOW IT'S RELEVANT.

As to your history lesson that I had "no idea" about, what'd you rent Charlie Wilson's war or some shit? Everyone knows that stuff hoss, go ahead and go back further in time. These people in the Middle East have been at war for thousands of years.

Don't lay that Cold War shit on me and act like we started the problem there haha. Yeah we gave them weapons, trained them to use them etc. but long before then they were killing each other just for being a different branch of there religion.

10. And yes I think fighting for my country (may we be right or wrong) is something to be proud of. If your in the military you don't pick your enemies/ choose what your fighting for. You fight for the man to your left and your right.

11. #31 Malvolio, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2013
    I'm on the outside looking in? And you're not? Do you think that your government sees you as anything more than a disposable tool? You are clueless as to their intentions and true motivations.

If you know the history, then how can you tell me that your government didn't create those enemies? They made the middle east hate them, now they are dealing with the consequences.

And yes, there has been war there for a long time, but what has that got to do with America? Why get involved?

Has your government brainwashed you to such an extent that you see "these people in the middle east" as your natural enemy?

You're not fighting for your country, you're fighting to line the pockets of banks, oil companies and the defence industry. What do the citizens of your country gain from these conflicts? Trillions of dollars of debt and dead soldiers.

BankABeast, I don't want to seem like I'm attacking you personally but our government wouldn't be able to get away with the terrible things it's doing if people didn't join the army and people didn't support their actions.

12. Why get involved? Oil, poppy fields..profit. :(

13. I may be on the outside looking in but I got my foot in the door bro. You don't even know the address lol. I am clueless to there intent and motives, I never claimed I wasn't? I just have MUCH more of a grasp on things that take place in combat.

We may have given them someone else to put there sights on but by no means did the government create that monster. I never said they were automatically enemies, read a couple posts before that were I was talking about being friendly until there is a reason not to? Calling me "brain washed" that's typical of you anti military guys and SUPER CUTE.

I fought (past tense) for what the president of the United States deemed necessary. As that was my job, and as I said once it is your job the other shit goes out the window and you fight for the men you are with.

14. BankABeast, I don't want to seem like I'm attacking you personally but our government wouldn't be able to get away with the terrible things it's doing if people didn't join the army and people didn't support their actions.

And without people in the military what would our country do? Get SHIT on by a foreign power!

15. This isn't about what takes place in combat, this is about the legitimacy and the moral justifications of the wars themselves.

Of course they did. They funded him and trained him... they turned him into "that monster". Then, due to their aggressive foreign policy, he turned against them.

I'm not being anti-military, sometimes we need the military to defend ourselves from outside threats.

In the cases of Afghanistan and Iraq, coalition forces attacked another country to further their own imperialist aims. Now, if you believe that this, in any way, defended the people of your country then yes, I believe that you are brainwashed.

Unquestioning loyalty is not a trait to be admired, it is the ultimate tool of tyranny.

16. Anyone who belives in there government has not learned from history, therefore its doomed to constantly repeat itself. Statism has ruined us

17. OK HOLY SHIT. GET THE WALLS OF TEXT OF MY THREAD!

This isn't the pissing contest thread to see whose dick is bigger, this is a thread about an epic petition that was shot down by government haters..

18. [​IMG]

19. #39 ParaBolTOOL, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
    I vote we just build around the moon to make it look like a death star, and since we can only see 50% of the moon, we only have to build 50% of a death star therefore savings are as big as 50%!! The death star is for aesthetic purposes only though, so whether you're in America or Afghanistan YOU WILL ALL appreciate STAR WARS!!!!

[​IMG]

20. No man...you're reading too much into this. Gotta take it from the legal liability point-of-fact literal end.

They said the Obama Administration does not support the blowing up of planets, as in plural.

No one ever said anything about their destructive intentions on a single planet, and the fact that they happen to be talking about the same planet (out of 100 trillion+) that you also inhabit is a mere coincidence (the largest in the history of mathematics, but a coincidence nonetheless)

I joke about this, but in all seriousness...One thing we must remember when reading any Government response. Assume it's being written by a lawyer and therefore scrutinized to the nth degree...because it probably is.