White House Czar Calls for End to 'War on Drugs'

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by SlipperyPete, May 14, 2009.

1. White House Czar Calls for End to 'War on Drugs' - WSJ.com

2. great news! :hello::hello::hello:

3. Am I just thick, or is there actually a point to this? This article doesn't say anything different than what has been in the mainstream media for months.. sorry to be a debbie downer.

4. Not the whole rehab thing though.

5. "The drug czar doesn't have the power to enforce any of these changes himself"

:rolleyes:

6. nice try, but no

7. It says he can't enforce the changes, so....

Either way, I hope they bring back the needle exchange program. Much more useful then going after crack addicts.

8. He can't enforce anything. But if there's anyone with credibility, it's the Drug Czar. :smoking:

Maybe they'll take DethKlok off the DEA advisory board.

9. friends - this IS very important.

It's clear that obama is not in favor of being known as the president who legalized pot -- but he knows it's the right thing to do.

he's just waiting for enough public support for it -- his first step was the appointing of this drug czar.

as important legalizing weed is to everyone on this board, the president does have some other things on his plate ---

once he has enough people on his staff making these recommendations, it will become legal.

NOW is the time to contact your state and local representatives and tell them to listen to the governor of California!!

do it now...

10. HAHAHA! DO IT NOW!

Seriously though, this is good news, and I agree 100%!

do it now....lol

11. Was just about to post this! I was hoping to god to see marijuana legalized.

12. yea thats what i was gunna say. the czar is just woofin right now.

13. He doesn't have the ability himself, however, he does have A LOT of influence in the White House.

14. Reform-good.
    Mandatory treatment-bad.
    "Not a war on citizens." - Whatever. :rolleyes:

15. #18 tonymon1, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    This is HUGE guys. The first thing the new drug czar says is we need to stop arresting people for simple possession. The guy the President hired to give him advice on drug policy.

This is a huge step in the right direction. now as I said yesterday I'm worried about national decrim instead of full legalization, because decrim is the easy way out for politicians and if that happens I think it will be a long long time before legalization will. But lets be honest I think we would all be more than happy if all that changed was we wouldn't risk arrest and having our lives destroyed.

16. this is good news, and a good start

but the battle is far from over my friends, far far far from over

17. Good progress, we actually have a drug czar who is open to logic. IMAGINE THAT!!!!!

But seriously, he may not have the ability to change these things himself, but he has plenty of influence.

Let me put it this way: If this is a War on Drugs, this guy is a high-ranking General.

We are close...