White hairs?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SinOfDaSouth, Apr 5, 2007.

1. ok im still on my first palnt its been 2 weeks now.i put it oustide in sunlight for 10 hours a day.ive been waterin it everyday and i think its slowin the growth down so ima start waterin it once every other day or every 3 days.but it has the origional two leaves and two newly developed leaves and their are two more stems or leaves just developing rite above it not sure what it is but it has white hairs.and the main stem has white hairs.i was readin and stuff and it says male plants dont have any white hairs does this mean its possible to determine if its a female?

2. Post some pics.

I think what you are talking about are not the pistils, the white hairs you hear about. Some plants grow with very fine wispy things (sorry, I'm not a botanist) that grow out of the stalk and other places, those have nothing to do with gender, I think that is what you are seeing. It's normal, leave them alone.

3. 2 weeks from seed is too early for sex. If there's something weird though, post some pics and we'll be able to tell better.

4. I think it is definately possible to show sex in a few weeks if you are only giving the plant 10 hours of light per day. A vegging plant should get at least 18 hours of light per day. A lot of people use this technique to determine sex early so that they don't waste there time growing males. A picture would certainly help us determine if these are pistils, or something else, but based on only receiving 10 hours of light a day I don't see why the plant could not start showing sex.

5. That's true, I somehow forgot that he had only 10 hours of light per day.