White hairs turning orange

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TedeBoy, Apr 23, 2015.

1. On one of my 4 girls the flowers on the lower branches are turning a little orange. I think I'm still 3 or 4 weeks away from harvest and it's only on one plant and not at the top of that plant.
    Is this normal?

2. Yea man.....how are you determining if your plant is ready to harvest?

3. I'll look at the majority of the hairs on all the buds turning and the trichomes getting cloudy. Correct?

4. on some strains the hairs can turn completely red while the trichomes are not even ready yet.

5. This is on a "Fast & Vast" plant.

6. The hairs turn amber when the plant is maturing, but that isnt a good way to tell if the plant is ready. Its all in the tricomes man, thats the only way. Do a little research on tricomes, its only a google search away, theres tons of information.

7. Order yourself a jewlers loupe for 8-12$ on ebay....or amazon......and watch the trics every couple of days. Its really the only way to tell. I like mine with about 5% amber in it, cause i like the head high more then a body high.

8. I just checked the trics. On the Fast and Vast plants there are a few trics that are starting to cloud but most I saw were clear. On the Northern Lights I couldn't find any that were getting cloudy. These are all autos so I don't know if that matters. I assume that every strain matures differently even though the grow conditions and feed is the same?

9. Wrong you will wait for at least all of the trics to turn cloudy, or even 5-10% amber. Then thats when you harvest "Usually" its based on ever persons preference of medicine.