White hairs striaght from newly cracked seedlings?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Purple Monster, Apr 27, 2011.

1. I'm kind of puzzled and I was wondering if this has happened with anyone else ever...

I recently planted my seeds a little less than a week ago and as soon as my little seedlings popped up on two of my plants their were white hairs growing from the first two leaves. I know it's not possible to sex a plant with in the first week of it cracking from seed, but the weirdness of it is they looked so much like little white pistols. I have googled and googled and only found one other case of this although the thread did not give me much information. So hopefully I can get some information on this and I will try to upload a photo of this phenomenon as soon as possible. Any thoughts?

2. your plant has aids

it will die shortly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. #3 Purple Monster, Apr 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2011
    My plant does not have aids you buffoon. LIES. I bet your just envious my plant is rare. Any real help in this forum?

4. Pics kinda blurry but the stem looks hairy as fuck... I always encourage my friends to breed rare genetics they find. My favorite was a plant that was growing buds on the leaves!!! But sadly he didnt get that trait in the offspring...

5. i have more than 1 of the very same plant i have 3 and it does seen like they will die

6. 2 are still alive and they seem to be growing twisted leafs but there growing so idk maybe it was from useing warm cfl lights (2500k) that made this happen when i got and started using my 180w 5500K cfl they started growing

7. pic this is what mine turned in too

Attached Files:

8. i know this thread is hella old but this is actually happening to one of my sprouts as well! after its first set of leaves (the round ones) it started to show what seems like pistils and im super confused!

9. I am having the same issue and can't find info either! Backstory on seedling...I live in a prohibition state, and this seed wasn't a huge priority when planted. Its had an interesting life. Super Skunk seed, started 6 total (over a few weeks) all sprouted and this is the only one that did it. Anyway....this one got started indoors, moved outside a little early to get better light, then uprooted by an a**ho1e chimpmunk or mouse. Leaves are a little wilty looking because the roots were exposed to air and I believe they are damaged. So long story short I have been treating it like a clone and other than these hairs I haven't seen any growth which I expect. But WTF are these? I know it was stressed to the max. It's under cfls right now...i was hoping it would make it but it wasn't a huge deal at first. Now these hairs have me intrigued. Was yours ever stressed as a baby?

10. Prolly root hairs developin up there they'll die off no worries

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. How did it grow?