white hairs on seeds please help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by up in smoke, Apr 17, 2006.

1. <HR style="COLOR: #ecfcb2" SIZE=1>hey my seeds have been germinating for about 5 days now and i noticed some of them have small white hairs in spots. i have them in a tupper whear container with damp paper towels in my closet. do u know what this is?

2. yea i got the same thing on the seeds im germinating now, looks like its moldy but its def not, looks like mayb part of the root system idk

3. yeah i have seen this before and i dont think it is anything to worry about...my friends seeds looked like that and his plants came out great.

4. k thanks but how long about will the tape root come out?

5. It probably is mold, mine had the same thing at first also. But as soon as I gave it more air more often it cleared up. Just open the container/bags at least twice a day to exchange the air and let out some humidity and the mold will go away.

6. i love chocolate!
    yummm...

7. Yo, In my experience tap roots will come out in less than 5 days, if they don't, its probobly not ideal germinating conditions. Try this guys, if you are using the 2 plate method, put them on top of your computer moniter, this way the bottom has a mild heating, than put a lamp with a halogen bulb right above the top plate. these bulbs get hot, so watch out, your plates may crack. don't get too close, i'd say about 6in or less. also, check the plate every day, there should be some condinsation on the top plate from the heat. If there isn't condensation, it isn't hot enough.

peace