white guy dreads

Discussion in 'General' started by irie vibes, May 20, 2010.

1. 2-4 times a week is most certainly not enough.

Last I check there were 7 days in a week...

2. read an article on hair, you're not supposed to wash it everyday.

i dont wash my hair at all, and its fine.

3. I've seen some sexy fucking guys with dreads... Then again, I've seen some guys who look like complete morons

To me it depends on how well you can pull them off.. So I'm gonna say go for it:wave:

4. Yeah, but you really do NOT need to wash regular hair every day, much less dreadlocks. It will actually damage your hair more because it strips away the good oils that your hair needs to stay nice & healthy. Dreadlocks make even less oils naturally because you use residue-free shampoo/soap and your body isn't trying to compensate for all the oils that you strip away with too-frequent shampooing. So there's absolutely no nasty buildup that you would need to wash away. :)

5. Dont get em all fuckin sloppy. And take care of them. Or people will laugh at you, and rightfully so. Because it will look fucking dumb if you didnt get it done by somebody with the know how to.

6. #66 thabosshogg, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010

i wash my hair once a week, never smells bad, ive asked many people just to see and no one has said it smells bad at all, there are people i know with dreads who wash once a month and their hair doesnt smell bad

7. our world will certainly crumble is everyone doesnt approve of anothers choices!!

if you make your decisions based on what others think... well, that sucks.

8. No he didn't...LOL

Attached Files:

9. Even people with non-dreaded hair aren't supposed to wash it EVERY SINGLE DAY. It strips your hair and scalp of natural oils, which makes it break off. And that's for white people, too.

10. I don't think it really has anything to do with being black. I think it has to do with how well you can pull off a look. I mean, if you've got the face for it, then it'll be sick. If you don't then it won't look that great. Only you really know, since you're familiar with your style. But in the end, it's about how you feel and how you want to represent yourself, fuck debating your style on what other people think.

11. do it man. but dont do it to be a rasta.
    dreads are fucking ill, the only time i ever loved my hair was when i had dreads. RIP.

12. Where were you when I wanted dreads. :mad:

13. this is actually really interesting. i was never expecting this thread to take off the way it did, i was just kind of curious what the general thought was on white guys with dreads. personally i don't think i'd ever really stick with it if i started, because my hair is so short right now that it would turn into at least a three or four year process for me to get to some semi-respectable dreading, but i do love dreads on other people and it's always fun to think about. thanks for all the responses though, it's interesting to see what all you guys think

14. You'll look like a hard core stoner like my uncle.

15. ive only seen one white dude that didnt look like a complete dipshit with dreads. his were long as fuck too.

16. I'm Cuban (white skin) & I'm gettin dreads this summer to bro... Probably backcomb it lol

17. go for it

imo dreads look better on white people than other races. idk why i think that.. i just do.

I been thinking for a while now about getting dreads. Actually I been wanting them for about 7 yrs, I just been kinda nervous about it. If it doesn't look good on me I'd be bummed to cut all my hair off. I wouldn't care so much if my hair didn't grow so freaking slow.

I have pretty long hair, its past the middle of my back. Lately I been only washing it 1-2 times a week, and I really like the messy look.

18. I think dirty hair is garbage. Sorry man.

Wash your nasty ass hair, specially if you are around me. :smoking:

19. I had a white friend who was born in africa, he actually still owns land over there annd goes back every now and then.

He had white skin, blonde hair and dreds.

20. On behalf of white people we will agree to stop getting dreads if you black people agree to PLEASE STOP GETTING MOHAWKS (unless you are mr t)