white guy dreads

Discussion in 'General' started by irie vibes, May 20, 2010.

1. White people do some crazy shit. Wear some crazy shit. Act like crazy shits. Just go for it.

2. #22 no comment, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    fucking word bro.

i dont wash my hair, its dreading, fuck you if you think its lame. i think shampoo is lame, so there.

also, why is rastafarian considered so cool? because you like reggae? im so sick of white kids who dont know shit about rastafarianism giving it props just for SEEMING cool, its not that cool, its about as cool as any other close minded religion.

3. Black Men shouldn't straighten or die their hair...it always looks fucking lammmme!

4. If you have long enough hair, and you are willing to spend the time and take the pain associated with getting dreads, then do it.

Just don't half-ass it, go all the way. If you don't like them, cut them off. Hair grows back, you can make it do one thing, then switch it to another. Test it out and see if you like them.

5. I think the people saying dreads are just a hairstyle are overstating things a little bit. It's your body and you can do what you like with it, but to deny that dreadlocks don't have (or shouldn't have) a greater symbolic meaning to many people around the world is a little silly.

Just because we all can grow locks doesn't mean they are less significant as a social symbol. We can all get Swastika tattoos if we want too, but I doubt anyone would justify getting one "just because it looks cool."

6. I think it looks lame.

7. i like crusty nasty dirty dreads, bring on the fucking filth

[​IMG]

8. Not really if I was hanging out with a dude who was cool, then found out he had a swastika tattoo, I wouldn't care as long as he's a cool dude. Having a greater symbolic meaning or not if he likes the hair style get it...Symbolic means just complicates shit mostly for the worse anyway.

9. i actually do think the swastika is a cool symbol. i have an arm band with one laying around here somewhere

10. move to Boulder, you'll fit right in

11. hmm, I m a black girl.
    I like white guys.
    I would cream my pants if he had locs.
    N so the fuck what.
    "ITS MY LIIIIFEEE, DONT YOU FORR GEETT"
    ...ya,
    do you bro.
    do you.
    *tear*

12. :wave:

Attached Files:

13. i hate when people say that dreads are only for black people because of rastafarianism... Celtic WHITE people and i think scandinavians (vikings) were recorded to of had dreadlocks hundreds of years before christ

14. Cool :wave:

15. So go rock that shit in public!

16. haha, i have, no one ever says anything, it might also be my anti racist backpatch, but whatever. people generally dont ever approach strangers.

17. #37 tfunkadelic, May 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2010
    I guess I can understand your position now that I know you're willing to wear a near-universal symbol of hate as a fashion statement.

(I'm talking about Nazi swastikas here)

18. more as a 'if you're stupid enough to get offended, then you deserve to get offended' type deal.

19. Even some Jewish sects before the time of Christ had dreadlocks. Hell, the Old Testament even says in plain language that Samson had dreadlocks!

They aren't a black thing. Never have been, never will be.

20. Guess black people where the first to do it on purpose..before it was just nasty mother fuckers who didn't wash their hair and thus that nasty shity matted in to nasty ass dreads.