White Guilt: How Blacks and Whites Together Destroyed the Promise of the Civil Rights Era

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NorseMythology, Jun 16, 2020.

1. 2 posts later....
    It's funny how that works when the attention is directed at you...

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Maybe I'll wait for your thread.

• Like Like x 1

3. what was the last topic? collegiate discussion and debate rarely stay on topic of the OP. i dont have white guilt. i treat everyone with the same social face and demeanor until such point they make it clear they dont care for me or my views.

i cant help that i was born caucasian comrade. i did not ask to be born, life for me has been "ok" for the effort i've put forth in it, and i sleep soundly every night with a guilt free conscience. i understand if you dont like your life, a lot of people dont like their lives, but dont lay white guilt, black guilt, or any kind of guilt at my door step. homie aint gonna participate in "guilt discussion" as far as me being white.

4. Btw Smokin, which if any left leaning intellectuals do you get commentary from that are immersed in the U.S.?

5. Chomsky is my main man.

6. I don't think anyone here and certainly not me is trying to make you feel guilty because of your colour.

7. I would encourage you to add at least Bret Weinstein to your repertoire.

These people don't want equality, they don't want a discussion, they don't want diversity, its a cult of "shut down and destroy anything that isn't us".

I hope we can dialogue about this, I think you know my position enough to know I am not engulfed in hysteria or fear. I would like to think you know I have an open, critical and fairly clear mind.

In fact I have stated numerous times, whatever these people want, I would love for them to have their own community to practice their ideology, show others how it is done before you try to overhaul everything. Same goes for my ideology. I want the chanve to be able to make it work on a microscopic level and scale it up if it works, or let other areas assimilate or not if they choose.

Freedom baby, that is equality.

• Like Like x 5
  8. " Freedom is Equality". brilliant mate! if it's been said before i missed it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I know you've an open mind Norse, I have the height of respect for you because you always engage with respect no matter what's thrown at you. I think we both share a lot of the same aspirations and want to get to the same place but are coming at this from a different perspective.

I'd disagree on the aim of groups like BLM, I believe their cause is both genuine and righteous but this is a very contentious topic and it's very easy to get riled up and carried away. There certainly are some who claim to speak for BLM who are guilty of this.

I'll check out Weinstein, I've come across him before but never dug too deep.

10. All u gotta go do is get on utube and search George Carlin watch his material on racism and government has a good one on words we have been told is bad and not to say but beware if u get offended by certain words like a lil kid then may not be for u!!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

11. Here is a great one

• Like Like x 1
  12. The primary goal of Black Lives Matter, should to have no need for it, and once this is accomplished, the organization can dissolve.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Us vs Them. It should be no surprise that being a member of the predominant culture has it's advantages. Look at Salt Lake City where the LDS guys are the successful ones and those who aren't part of the church don't do so well, generally speaking. It's not racism because they are all white guys. I think in America blacks who share the same culture as whites get the same rewards as whites because of the predominant culture. Sure there's the occasional racist but racists come in all colors. I bet most of us has had friends of another race and for me it's been the guys who like the things I like and act like I do that become friends. The more we are divided into our separate camps and the farther apart our cultures get the more problems we'll have. Race hustlers (many call themselves community organizers) have made it about skin color but it's really culture that matters.

The police have a strong us vs them culture, that's why they don't write other cops tickets.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yall do know the black lives matter wasn't even about all black people,,,infact it was made up from a tranny(ru paul) to support black transgender people so this whole movement is bs collecting $$$ for their movement while everyone else want to fight n act stupid learn wtf ur supporting before u support it

15. #95 Papageorgio, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    All I know for sure...

Is that the country of ireland has done less than the country of America to promote black lives.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. @NorseMythology I finished the lecture this afternoon. Dr. Steele is a very intelligent, well spoken individual. I enjoyed him speaking very much. So much so that I purchased one of his books. Thank you for sharing.

I never thought about African Americans going from 400 years of oppression to being free almost over night. I can't imagine the humility and fear they must have felt.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. That is some seriously funny stuff! Lol

I was lucky enough to
    Be able to see him live in Providence RI way way back in the day - George C was the king in his heyday!

j

• Like Like x 1
  18. #98 garrison68, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    I never liked George Carlin, feels like you're getting a lecture. Probably a closet racist himself, along with other things he would not want us to know about but some have said are true. Chris Rock is another one.

19. Yeah hes awesome! Thats great u got the chance to see him man..wish he was still here today!!

20. Dont like him? He never talked about anything that aint true!! He just told the truth and ALOT of people then and now dont like people that speak facts and truth it hurts their feelings,,,,and chris ro k aint even funny if u ask me